Ltd Edition Raleight Team Mustang

Are you sure it's not a Team Mustang?
The Maverick ATB (I bought a higher spec GT new in 198:cool: had major upgrades over the Mustang including Alloy rims and Maillard Diablo sealed hubs, fluted alloy seat pin, Shimano Light Action Rear mech and a chainset that had alloy arms and rings, that bike appears to have the lower spec parts.
The GT I bought had the lugged with forged dropouts ATT23 frame (carried on in the Massif) and flat bars (the ATB had risers).
Also don't get me wrong I'm not one of those that thinks that they should all be skipped as the Mustang for me and my friends was the bike that started it all for us and that would be one rare Mustang.

Carl.

drcarlos":zn8it3h8 said:
The Maverick ATB (I bought a higher spec GT new in 198:cool: had major upgrades over the Mustang including Alloy rims and Maillard Diablo sealed hubs, fluted alloy seat pin, Shimano Light Action Rear mech and a chainset that had alloy arms and rings, that bike appears to have the lower spec parts.
The GT I bought had the lugged with forged dropouts ATT23 frame (carried on in the Massif) and flat bars (the ATB had risers).
Also don't get me wrong I'm not one of those that thinks that they should all be skipped as the Mustang for me and my friends was the bike that started it all for us and that would be one rare Mustang.

Carl.

Cheers for the info Carl

Im not sure to be honest I was advised that it was a Maverik by another forum member back in the thread. I would be happy for any further info as I have another one that im keeping that one has an SR BMX style stem
and Blue Snakebelly's

:D

drcarlos":33zluwaf said:

Carl.

I believe drcarlos is 100% spot on....this is a Ltd Edition Team Mustang. The reason I know is that one of my mates had one bitd (his dad owned the local Raleigh Bike shop) - it was exactly the same as the Mustang everyone else seem to have in those days (the black and white one with the red horses on the top tube) but in the team colourway.

If I remember correctly, there was also a 531/uprated gruppo version of this bike in the lightweight catalogue at the time.

Many thanks for the continued updates and ID info

Ive now updated the listing to reflect its correct identity

So its a rare Ltd Edition Raleigh Team Mustang

Still open to offers as I need to let it go to make space for others

I can agree that they are a very comfy ride indeed and will definately be keeping the other one I have

:D

Can I dibs this for 3 hrs? Just sent the link to a mate who has just restored raleigh road bike in exactly the same team colours and he might love this to sit next to it.

Sorry can't get hold off him, so will have to pass for now but i have sent him a link and will keep my eyes open on this.

Back