Looking for Look KG86 bike or frame

Manuandorra

Retro Newbie
Hello !
I am looking for a frame or complete bike LOOK KG86 size 56cm center to center with the particular rear brake bridge specified on this photo.
If someone is interested in selling you can contact me.
Thanks. IMG_7062.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7010.jpeg
    IMG_7010.jpeg
    415.8 KB · Views: 7
Not a KG85?

1695983810165-png.1327707

Not a KG85?

1695983810165-png.1327707

Bonjour Manu, mon ami!

Well, seeing as though you seem to hail from Andorra (primarily French & Spanish-speaking, yes?) but you wrote your brief reply above in English & I'm Australian & primarily English-speaking (although I studied French, German & Latin for numerous years at school & can speak/write basic Spanish & Italian), I think that I'll stick with English for this reply - which was supposed to be succinct but this intro' alone is FAR more verbose than I'd initially planned for the entire reply to be, my sincere apologies for this!

Anyway, as a near-lifelong (I was 10y/o when I first saw Greg LeMond upon the TV in 1984 & just as I was instantly besotted with Boris Becker at Wimbledon, & Ayrton Senna in his Lotus F1 (one year later, in both cases) Greg LeMond NUT (my username for virtually every website for decades now has been 'looklavielemond', for example), I own 2 replicas of his bikes from the '86, '89 & '90 TDF's, as well as a stock NOS LOOK KG86 (as shown in your LOOK catalogue screenshot above) & NOS LOOK KG76, together with 4 other LOOKs from this century (KG486 SL, 595 Ultra, 695 SR Mondrian & a 566 Origin)...oh, & a NOS TVT92 AL (the aluminium version of the TVT92 Carbone) & the majority of 'Columbus AIR' frame tubes with which I'd always hoped to build LeMond's legendary 1989 'Bottecchia'-branded TT frame, with which he managed to destroy Monsieur Fignon (RIP) the first time (prior to Greg's incredible World's win a month or so later) - but as I don't own any of the lugs that would be required to fabricate it & I've never built a bicycle frame (although I did complete a four-year panel-beating apprenticeship at a Honda dealership during the mid-90s & thus I certainly know how to weld, whether it be with a MIG, TIG or oxy-acetylene welding setup), I doubt that this will ever happen, sadly...does anyone happen to own any/all of the required lugs & what's-its that I would need to build this beautiful frame while I'm here, perchance?!

Anyway anyway, back to the LOOK KG85 &/or KG86 - I had always thought that it was the KG86 & have accordingly referred to it as such, although I must acknowledge the fact that I've seen the model number KG85 used a few times in the past...& while my mind & memory for all manner of car (especially Honda's, being a '95 Honda Del Sol/CRX owner & enthusiast), motorcycle (again, especially Honda's, being an '05 REPSOL Honda CBR1000RR owner & enthusiast & previously having owned a '92 NSR250 SE replica of Mick Doohan's '94 NSR500 beast & a '95 CBR900 Fireblade) & bicycle (esp' LeMond-related frames, LOOK pedals/posts/bars/stems & all manner of Dura Ace & Mavic components from the '80s & '90s) was formerly phenomenal, a sudden attack of viral encephalitis in June of last year that left me comatose for a week & hospitalised for a month, dammit...& as a result, while much of my overall memory has returned, I've been forced to acknowledge the fact that I'll never be able to remember virtually anything from the 5 or 6 years prior to the encephalitis attack (but at least that means that I don't recall the Covid era - especially when my hometown state of Victoria was locked down for longer than ANY OTHER PLACE IN THE WORLD - cheers for that, Dan Andrews!!) & my memory of car/motorcycle/bicycle models & part numbers will NEVER be what it once was, regrettably...ah well, c'est la vie, mon ami, eh?! Oh, & if it wasn't already immediately apparent, not only has the V.E. attack stuffed up my formerly pristine memory but I'm now FAR more verbose/loquacious than I had previously been!! Sure, I was always friendly & chatty but now my inability to get to 'the point' & then go off-topic with rather irrelevant details that have little to nothing to do with the original context of the topic is rather NUTS, if you'd not happened to notice this for yourself...?!?!

Anyway anyway anyway, why does this LOOK Heritage web page refer to this frame in question (essentially the TVT92 Carbone of the time & the retail version of the silver LOOK that the La Vie Claire team rode in the mountains of the '86 TDF - together with the Reynolds 753R-tubed LOOK KE75 that was painted in that gorgeous pearlescent white & featured the red/yellow/blue decals upon each of the tubes of the main triangle - with 'LOOK Bernard Hinault' upon the blue decal on the downtube & thin black stripes at the end of each of these decals, as well as a black/yellow decal upon each our side of the fork that was reminiscent of safety signs &/or Manchester's legendary Haçienda nightclub from the '80s & '90s, that was part-owned by New Order & Factory Records...& then they also rode a typically sexy TT frame as well but I've already written a freaking novel about their steel 753R frame, so how about I try to be a little more succinct from here on in, eh?!

So, why does this LOOK Heritage site below refer to this frame as the LOOK KG 86 beneath the '1986' section of the site, my friend?

Merci beaucoup de l'Australie pour votre temps, mon ami...Matt Forrester.

PS. I'm too lazy to even bother to check 'Google Translate' in order to ensure that my French sentence above is actually correct...so I simply hope that it is/was & if it's not, then it's not due to a lack of respect but rather, as I stated previously, northing more or less than sheer, pure, magnificent laziness, aka not "giving a monkey's"!!

Hi, I have a tip for you. TVT (Technique Verre Tisee) is the manufacturer of the Look frames. I found and bought a TVT frame myself a month and a half ago (eBay), which is exactly the same as the KG 86. It was an Eclipse bike frame, so you can also look for that and then your chance might be greater. Unfortunately, the front fork was no longer included, but I think a polished aluminum fork is also fine. The letters "TVT" are stamped in the frame in 2 places. Just look next to/under the rear axle. That is where the text "Look" appears on a Look bike, a minor difference.

In my youth I already loved the KG 86 and the KG 96, I couldn't afford it then. Now I recently "retuned" a carbon frame from the '80s to a KG 96, but it remains a "replica". This new project brings me a 90% real Look.

The original frames and bikes turn up every now and then, but usually very damaged or much too small. I was lucky with this find in America, but had to pay the full price for shipping. I am currently building the bike with Shimano Ultegra from that time. I have made the frame decals myself on the computer and had them printed as stickers. You can also find them online, for example on ebay, but for a much too high price. Doing it yourself is much cheaper, if you want I will send you a set.

Lots of succes with your search, when I see one I will notify you.
IMG_6034.jpeg IMG_6035.jpeg IMG_6036.jpeg IMG_5948.jpeg IMG_6037.jpeg IMG_6038.jpeg IMG_5693.jpeg

So you can see there are several variations in framesets. But it's always easy to recognize a TVT / LOOK / Eclipse bike because of the aluminium lugs.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back