Lets see your Retro hack/pub bike/ commuter

Did someone say montage? I've spent more on a single tyre...

DSC00529.jpg

My 92 Timberline, those plastic mudguards are practically useless so now on the lookout for some proper full length jobs.

IMAG0662.jpg

chrisv40":xou02u6f said:
My 92 Timberline, those plastic mudguards are practically useless so now on the lookout for some proper full length jobs.

Get the SKS Chromoplastic ones, not cheap, but probably the best mudguards you can buy.

87 Raleigh Lightweights 531 Avanti with usual Sainsburys basket removed to make way for tent.

Attachments

• IMAG1129-1.jpg
    IMAG1129-1.jpg
    422.4 KB · Views: 526
Here's my commuter, a Stumpy converted to run road wheels...

Attachments

• stumpy.jpg
    stumpy.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 415
^liking that beepbeep

My parts build for winter commuting duties, affectionately known as the rat

Frame is a rattle can (not by me) '92 Trek 7000 (generously karma'd by Drewson)

the rest (bar the wheels) is stuff that was lying around/has been upgraded/bought for something else

Trek-wintercommuter.jpg

BobCatMax":1ecsgeq8 said:
^liking that beepbeep

My parts build for winter commuting duties, affectionately known as the rat

Frame is a rattle can (not by me) '92 Trek 7000 (generously karma'd by Drewson)

the rest (bar the wheels) is stuff that was lying around/has been upgraded/bought for something else

about to convert my commuter to single speed - what gear ration you have there? is that 42 or 44 up front? whats on the back??
also, what chain you using?

running 42x17 at the moment. would be better on a 16 after this summers riding as I'm a little fitter, but when the winter wind blows right at me no doubt i'll be grateful :LOL:

chain is SS specific (a little fatter than 7/8/9 speed) KMC, iirc

1991 Cromega. Unfortunately I bent the forks in a crash so it now has white ones as I couldn't source any pink ones. Also the seatpost is broken and stuck in the frame (see my other thread) so at the mo it's unrideable. If I can dissolve out the remains, it will live again.
Mind you, the paintwork is in poor condition now so I might have it blasted and powder-coated, probably in a non-original colour, if I can sort the seatpost issue.
3598496050_95ec5e947f_o.jpg

Back