L'Eroica Britannia - this weekend

• Thread starter Deleted member 24574
  • Start date
Ian Raleigh":3c32jqj7 said:
Montello":3c32jqj7 said:
I'll be riding this ...
************************/images/montello/roadside/roadside2.jpg
Not with those pedals you won't! :facepalm:

OK I know you have got some proper pedals with leather straps and shiny chrome things on the end ;)

Since I got my hands on a decent pair of retro shoes I have reverted to some 50th anniversary pedals and clips but don't have any photos of the bike in its current configuration.

I am still looking for decent retro shoes! It would be very handy if I had small feet, it appears that people had smaller feet in the past - just my luck!

Have a good weekend and I hope the weather keeps up like it is here today - 22 degrees at 5 pm today and sunny too. Again, my luck strikes, 4 night shifts to do this week.

Richard

So save hijacking I shall start a new thread about hills and vintage gears and being older and time poor.

andy---doe":2nt11osj said:
I havn't been on most of the route but the hill that goes up from Edale is 15% and must be a mile and half plus.
ah Mam Nick. It's a bugger on a carbon road bike, so it's gonna hurt. you may walk, be prepared

but then I'm old, fat, asthmatic plus any other excuse

I'm really hoping to get this 1950 Jim Guard finished in time ... (but it's currently completely stripped down on the workbench :shock: )

Jim Guard by zombikombi1959, on Flickr

If not the trusty Hobbs is waiting in the wings ...

1946 Hobbs of Barbican by zombikombi1959, on Flickr

I seem to spend more time tinkering with old bikes than I do actually riding them though. Not something I'm proud of, and something I'm trying to change ... anyway, that's why I'm doing the shorter rides rather than the 100.

Montello":2jkdbr49 said:
Looking at the Starva data (it is a popular segment) 300 watts should get you up in less than 10 minutes.

I must be a few watts short cos I did it this evening and it took me nearly 15 minutes!

Picky taken just over the brow looking back towards Hope Valley

Attachments

• IMG_08891.jpg
    IMG_08891.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 160
andy---doe":3esdf0o8 said:
Montello":3esdf0o8 said:
Looking at the Starva data (it is a popular segment) 300 watts should get you up in less than 10 minutes.

I must be a few watts short cos I did it this evening and it took me nearly 15 minutes!

Picky taken just over the brow looking back towards Hope Valley
Nice one, are you riding on Sunday?

Yes I will be doing the 100, but only live 25 minutes from Bakewell so no way am I camping. I will probably come over on Saturday for a wander around.

Latest posts

Back