• Thread starter Deleted member 24574
  • Start date
Re: Re:

Maca":1qi5lot6 said:
Cant make the link work

Seems the link is now broken :(

I will chase up Cycling World.

I gave you a name check ;)

Cheers fella, is there another way of seeing it other than the link which still isn't working :(

What a great write up and thanks for the mention ........... looking forward to next year already

Maca":2d4tfhbf said:
What a great write up and thanks for the mention ........... looking forward to next year already

Same bike or a new project?

I'm not sure yet, my current project (which I would love to show and ride) is a 1990 Raleigh castorama so I can't use it unless they extent the 1987 ruling, which I did suggest :)

Other wise I may build something else

Maca":am3caapm said:
....unless they extent the 1987 ruling, which I did suggest :)

I suspect that is unlikely; 87 is a bit of a technology watershed for bikes so a reasonable year to pick ...

yeah I kinda thought that, as well as personal reasons I thought it would be nice to see some of the more lively team colours and bikes up to say 1990 and because the 88 - 90 era was the era that I really grew up with.

84 - 87 I was still mucking about on Grifters and BMX's :)

Montello":3f8n904l said:
Maca":3f8n904l said:
....unless they extent the 1987 ruling, which I did suggest :)

I suspect that is unlikely; 87 is a bit of a technology watershed for bikes so a reasonable year to pick ...
Except by 87, most of us were racing with look clipless pedals and Aero brake levers. I'd say 85/86 was more of a watershed, but I don't run l'eroica.

I'm thinking of l'eroica Britannia 2016, but I'm never going back to clips, straps and slotted shoeplates, so may ride rattraps and trainers. At least my toe tops wont get sore. I won't acknowledge you if you might consider me a retrodisaster ;)

My toes never got sore back in the day or on the Eroica 100 miler, you need to set your plates and clips up properly.

Back