Left cup for XTR BB-M952, 116mm [SORTED]

vshuvalov

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Just picked up XTR BB-M952 with 116mm spindle, but it seems to have wrong left cup marked 112.5. Does somebody have a correct left cup in spares box?
(Also need two 1mm or 3.5mm spacers, but they can probably be found in a local bike shop.)

Will also consider buying used BB with 116mm spindle, but don't want to spend too much money since I already have one.

I'm in Russia, but shipping rate from UK is not too high if you choose the cheapest Royal Mail option.

TIA

Xtr

Hi,

I bought an xtr BB 952 and the cup thread was shot.

I used a cup off an es71 bottom bracket a 73mm one I bought cheap as it was well used.
It fitted fine and looks identical.
Probably find cups are the same on higher spec Octalink BB with metal cups, whether it v1 or v2 after all there going in the same type of frames.
May be different lengths for 68 or 73.
Thanks
Christian

Xtr cup

Hi,

Also the cup you have should be fine.
Have you tried measuring the distance when on the BB.
Without spacers it should measure 73mm.

Cheers
Christian

Re: Xtr cup

christian1973":1akkhhzd said:
Also the cup you have should be fine.
Have you tried measuring the distance when on the BB.
Without spacers it should measure 73mm.
Thanks Christian, I also think I can easily install to 68mm tube (even in different ways by playing with spacers), but installing to 73mm is not that good: the difference between left and right q-factor will be 3.5mm and there is no way to fix it since there is no room for spacers at all...

Hi,

All the xtr 952 BB I have had come complete with 2 2.5mm spacers
To make it a 68mm BB, no spacers and its a 73mm from cup end to cup end.
There meant to fit either.
Cheers
Christian

What you say is correct for 112.5 vesion. Long spindle (116) version requires additional spacing, there should be 3.5mm on each side for 68mm tube and 1mm on each side for 73mm. If, like me, you have 116mm with the wrong left cup, then you won't be able to space in this way since the total distance between cups is 73mm instead of 75mm.

Xtr bb

I have found a cup that say 116mm on it, I need to check if it fits the xtr bb but it should will check to oz
If it works out we could swap cups I need one for a 112.5 spindle length which yours is.
Not sure how much it will cost to post from uk
Cheers Christian

Re: Xtr bb

christian1973":2q2uujw6 said:
I have found a cup that say 116mm on it, I need to check if it fits the xtr bb but it should will check to oz
If it works out we could swap cups I need one for a 112.5 spindle length which yours is.
Not sure how much it will cost to post from uk
Cheers Christian
Great!
Shipping from UK to Russia (and vice versa) should normally cost just several pounds if you choose some cheap Royal Mail option. PM me after you'll check your cup and we'll discuss technical details.

Back