lawwill leader 3 info por favour

Well good and bad news to report. The good is that they are in great condition, the piston hasn't flaked like some seem to, the shock holds air and seems to dampen.

The bad news, they have a 1 inch steerer! Gutted. On the plus side of that the steerer is huge.

Before stripping them off the bike I tested pat's claim that they can be ridden into a kerb too. It feels wrong! I started slowly riding into a sloping kerb at about 2 inches, no problem. A bit of speed made it even easier. Eventually I hit a full kerb square on. It took a while to stop myself from instinctively pulling up on the bar but eventually I did it.

And broke the frame. Only joking, it worked a treat. Very impressed.

True but I had decided to use them on a pro flex.

I have a khs Montana team with a one inch h.t. might put them on there for a while - going to be a very long wait searching for the original rigid fork.

Yeah Lewis, it is kind of an unnerving feeling at first, smashing into a curb head-on without pulling up on the bars-but it does work, and very well at that! You can also hit the curb at an angle and it will climb up, but not too shallow of an angle or you'll fall over, as Mr. Shimano did the first time he tried the fork in a parking lot in Anaheim during the InterBike show back in 1991! I think it would look good on most early full susser frames-preferably in black and silver.

Retro classic IMO, something I'm going to try to get my hands on someday. FWIW I reckon they look good on e-stays too :cool:

These are great forks. Trophy Products used the Lawwill rear suspension and the Lawwill Leader on there bikes. Had a chance to test ride back in 1995/96(?) at the Cactus Cup in Scottsdale, AZ and the rep told me to do the same thing and ride into the curb. I was sold! A few years later got a Lawwill 2 for a good price and rode it for 7+ years with no problems.

Attachments

• CIMG0107.jpg
    CIMG0107.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 609
I have also collected a few Lawwill's over the years. Would like to find a disc brake mount for these forks. I remember HOPE made a floating disc brake but Hope USA wasn't able to help and Hope UK never responded to my email.

CIMG0681.jpg

Back