Large Thermo Lobo frame and parts - SOLD PP

IDB1

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Need some cash but still need a ride so something's got to go, and it's my plastic Lobo that's top of the list :cry:

On offer is a large frame in very good condition, bought from an rb member last year and ridden 3 or 4 times since I built it.
Boxxer forks, recently serviced - about due for a post service oil change. These will come with spare steerer and a couple of spare crowns.
Pair of wheels, Sun Rhyno Lite/Hope Bigun - all straight, bearings good. No cassette.
Front and rear Hope brakes and rotors.. C2 GT rear and DH4 front.
New Crank Brothers Opium SL headset.

Have a spare (little bit leaky) rear shock - apparently bought from one of Peatys old mechanics, and pretty mashed up rear shock to go with it.

Can give an option on RaceFace Diabolus stem and post, WTB red/black saddle and Titec Berserkr All Weather DH saddle too.. Probably still have a Thomson post knocking about too..

What I want is a GT Team RTS, 18" c-c.. the frame must be extremely good, the quality/condition of the parts hanging off it will determine how much cash I'd want on top but, regardless, it's going to be a few hundred.

There is a possibility I could be tempted by other options of an xc nature but they would still have to be cash my way (bearing in mind I have a preference towards GT and require full-sus - I can't ride hardtail). pm me, you never know.

It'll take me a couple of days to get fresh pics of individual bits - if required, but can email some built pics to serious interested parties on request.

Edit to add a built-up pic..

Attachments

• lobo_1.jpg
    lobo_1.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 335
Re: Large Thermo Lobo frame and parts for swap with cash my way

Now that's nice. Almost tempted to throw my team rts into the ring, almost.

Purely out of interest Ian (because I have no clue).. whereabouts, value-wise, do you see your Team??

I'd never given it much thought tbh, wouldn't really know where to start. Frame was nos when I bought it around 5 years ago and if I've put more than 200 miles on it, I'd be surprised. Most of the build was also nos, though now it's been ridden that doesn't count does it.

No worries chap.. I'm just not sure whether my aspirations are realistic - if they aren't I'll keep it.. I really like it but needs must and all that.
Plus I REALLY like RTS's too ;)

very bad penny":3994lg6g said:
ishaw":3994lg6g said:
Now that's nice. Almost tempted to throw my team rts into the ring, almost.

I'd do it in a heartbeat :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
I'm kind of attached to mine. It's what got me into retrobike in the first place after finding my old RTS-2 cracked and wanting to rebuild it. It isn't your standard RTS build mind:
file.php

Or sell (the bits I've listed, plus a seatclamp) for £875 including UK courier.

Re: Large Thermo Lobo frame and parts (or swap with cash my way)

Unfortunately yes mate.. I don't mind if it stays, it's quite lovely to look at and ride.. but I find myself in a situation where I could do with some hundreds of pounds and this is the only bike I have that will bring sufficient funds and, more importantly, that I'm willing to part with.

Back