Lance is back

Doping Pantani or any pro with EPO would actually increase their performance by 20 percent,look at Rico at this years tour for its benefits.

Joy of joys! Evans and Armstrong entertaining us in the TdF 09.

Can't bloody wait! :roll:

Al.

MJN":73edvros said:
Doping Pantani or any pro with EPO would actually increase their performance by 20 percent,look at Rico at this years tour for its benefits.

I know that, but with better dope nowadays they still can't climb Alpe Duez faster then Pantani in 1997 (that's 11 years ago :shock: ) This guy must have had more then a little natural talent... 37min. 35 sec. :!: that's not human... doped or not

lance only raced 33 days a year ( including 22 on the tdf ) . he was ready just for it .

yo-eddy":3eb8vlsi said:
I know it's an endless (and maybe pointless :? ) discussion. But I think the man deserves at least a little respect, I mean if anyone of us would totally drown himself in all the dope avaible he would still not be in the shadow of Lance.... or Pantani....etc etc etc These guys have (or had) special talents and stamina that is way above average imho.
I mean Lance finishing second in a 100 mile MTB race on high altitude off road tracks is pretty impressive me thinks...... enough said, not trying to advocate anyone but just try to shine another light on things.....

Well put mate :D

al":74t6sas6 said:
Joy of joys! Evans and Armstrong entertaining us in the TdF 09.

Can't bloody wait! :roll:

Al.

yeh! evans was sh,te! I do feel sorry for him having such a poor squad, but even so hes still not strong enough... plus hes such a winer ;) :LOL:

cchris2lou":2vpegcnr said:
lance only raced 33 days a year ( including 22 on the tdf ) . he was ready just for it .

yeh its funny, merckx failed doping twice, raced nign on everyday with panache & is seen as a hero. lance arrogant beyond belief, singleminded to the TDF alone, didnt fail dopin with miles stricter controls than merckx period & is viewed as a villain... go figure ;)

how does the old jacques antiquil (sp) quote go? something along the lines of: if you think a pro road cyclist can race 350 days a year without any form of chemical assistance you're either incredibly naive or just stupid..

i'm kinda hoping lance doesnt come back, purely to see how contrador & levi stack up in future TDF (based on current spain results)

MJN":yaoje17v said:

there was a really good, like 8page, article in some US website some time ago about a cycling journo who took an 8month course of bike drugs just to document there effects. was really interesting reading. after reading it made me want to go out & buy a load! :LOL: (cost like $8500 for 8month course!! :shock: ) doing century rides he'd feel much stronger at the end where others would be suffering. more importantly the next day he'd wake up feeling good, rather than legs shot to bits. human growth hormone actually improved his eyesight etc.. peteMcC & probably webby know more about this stuff.... thru work I mean ;)

Back