Kona with rear V's

Mine's a Ti - so I don't fancy any welding! The Ultimates don't work, after finding my box set, so it looks like I'll be heading towards the flexible noodle solution or those Nokon cables...

Mr K

Just thought I'd stick this up. I did have a flexible noodle as suggested by southbound. In theory these should work well, however the one I was sent was different from the advertised item and had a big ugly plastic section where the cable met the noodle part. I no they exist with just the small metal sleeve as i've seen them but do check if you go this route as the plastic sleeve eliminates the flex to much on smaller frames.
This is my final solution- a Problem solvers Travel Agent. It works great and allow very smooth cable movement. The cable guide is also drilled a few mm to take the cable outer.

Attachments

• Travel agent 2.jpg
    Travel agent 2.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 988
a travel agent alters the cable pull

a cog hog achieves the same results but with the added bonus of not altering cable pull

01122007_166.jpg

The travel agent only alters te cable pull if you use the inner and outer wheels. This is for using Cantilever levers on V brakes. It transfers the pull round the small wheel to the big wheel thus gearing up the pull length. If you just route round the big wheel its fine and just acts as a guide like a noodle.

Here's a picture off a 95 AA. Got it off auction recently and have not cleaned it up yet.

Attachments

• Seat stay2.JPG
    Seat stay2.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 910
one easy and fairly tidy/oe looking way is to use a reflector bracket and an old caliper brake adjuster. will post a picture of it soon. best bit is you can get them free from most bike shops.

Back