Kona with rear V's

andy.l

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi,has anyone got a pic of their Kona running rear V brakes but still using the seatpost cable guide,just want to check how it goes?

thanks ;)

hi
i have v's set up on one of my cinder cones the cable guide is clamped to the top tube it has tectro printed on it. i can send pic if needed but im haveing problems resizing as im using the wifes pc(mine died) pm me with you number and i can send to your mobile.

hope this helps

Yeah ive seen the clamps on the toptube youre on about on a few Konas now,are they a Kona item or can you buy them seperately?

not shure, i got my cinder cone of the bay so could have been added. orthough it was almost original and had nothing new on it so it it probley came with the frame.
it seems like a more direct route for the cable than up over the seat tube!

Andy

I literally just drilled a 6mm sink into the rear side of the guide. It is just enough to hold the outer cable cap in place with a short length of outer cable running to the noodle. Simple and works fine. Will take a photo of it when the british weather behaves itself, but does not need much explanation really.

South Bound":gqhganml said:
Andy

I literally just drilled a 6mm sink into the rear side of the guide. It is just enough to hold the outer cable cap in place with a short length of outer cable running to the noodle. Simple and works fine. Will take a photo of it when the british weather behaves itself, but does not need much explanation really.

I agree, measure the outer cable 'ferule' you are going to use and lightly drill the original clamp to fit. Job done!

Do you not find it pulls the cable guide round the seat post. Or should I just be clamping it up more tightly. My poor paint.

Back