Kona seat tube cable guide

Mattbike

Dirt Disciple
HI Folks

I have recently purchased a Kona Cinder Cone frame that does not have the cable guide clamp on the seat tube.

Do I need this to run V brakes

If so where can I get one??

Cheers
Matt

I got the seat cable clamp but want to keep it as i going to put it to use fella i got the bike from had V's fitted but its a piss poor job he done running cable to the rear frames got black tape down the tube where he improvised the cable run

They are rare as hen's teeth, I have 2 at the moment, one is going on my project Kona frame which I am working on it and the other one will go on a Kona frame that I hope to sell, will be taking it to Bristol jumble sale next month.

You can get a clamp that goes on top tube or have another cable stop brazed on the frame if you wish to run v brakes. I have see people use plastic cable clip on the frame.

Hope this helps

It's about the best thing at present - best solution is to just pack the inside of it.

The other option is a flip-flop cam thing that fits across the seatstay bridge. Hard ot describe the things, and I cannot find a photo. Depending on the type, the hole is either in the right place or 90 degrees out. I nearly drilled the one on my Cinder Cone to fit, but gave up and fitted V's.

If your desperate, my 1993 kona explosif frame on ebay has one on it...runs out tomorrow and is currently a bargain at a mere £21 (although theres a healthy number of people watching it) Hopefully (for me) some high powered snipers will get involved :)

If you're talking about an old Cindercone that would have been fitted with cantis then the seat tube fitting was simply a cable guide and so isn't large enough at the back end to accept a cable outer and so function properly as a cable stop. You could run a cable outer up to it and it would probably work but would be rather sloppy.

Drapoon off here had a supply of clever grommets that will fit snugly into the small hole and then expand into an outer section that it large enough to accept a cable outer - I got some from him recently. So, if you do find a seat tube stop then ask him if he has any left. If he doesn't then I can spare you one as he sent me a couple.

Alternatively, this one in 1 1/8" should be your size:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Backstop-07-Alloy ... dZViewItem

- looks like it's black only.

Failing that, this will work if you reverse the direction so the wide end is at the back

http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/product-SJSC ... -14031.htm

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
That's the widget

Harry how much are you selling your spare one for?

Cheers folks for the info. I will post some picks and details of the finished article once I have built it up. The frame is a 1993 Cindercone which I am in the process of painting.

The original paint was shot and the frame had a dent that needed sorting so non original paint colour i'm affraid. I have some spare stuff (inc one or two retro bits) knocking around so am going to build it up as a commuter.

Back