[Kona]Rear Cable Routing for v-brakes help...

captain8track

Retro Guru
I need some help getting my rearbrake smoother, right now I have the original canti-hangerthing which is drilled so I can use it with v-brakes. But I'm not satisfied with the action.

I need some tips on what u can do.. Have been thinking of maybe getting the problem solvers bolt on thing, or just get a long outercable and put some straps on it...

please post with some pictures!

i use a drilled cable router with some nokon housing. works a treat. i've posted it up many times....

image029_166.jpg

re:

looked at it but it's like 16euros plus freight around 10, and on top of that 15days delivery so it feels a bit on the expensive side :shock:

captain8track said:
I need some help getting my rearbrake smoother, right now I have the original canti-hangerthing which is drilled so I can use it with v-brakes.
I use this set up and it's sweet, (as good as any other V-brake setup I have ever used - crisp and positive). Are you sure all the other aspects of the brake set up are right? Can we have a pic of your set up?

re:

I've got it to work okay, I turned the orginal guide around so that the cable runs across the toptube, but I have been using the Aluminum "bend" from the brake, but as it works right now I'm trying it that way during the weekend but then I've modified an outer housing by removing the plasticrubber coating and taking the "stop" from the alu-bend so it should work "the right way" to.

I'll take some shots how's it's setup right now and after I did it like the bloke with the Nokon housing.

thanks for all the help.

Re: re:

captain8track":3msledg7 said:
I've got it to work okay, I turned the orginal guide around so that the cable runs across the toptube, but I have been using the Aluminum "bend" from the brake, but as it works right now I'm trying it that way during the weekend but then I've modified an outer housing by removing the plasticrubber coating and taking the "stop" from the alu-bend so it should work "the right way" to.

I'll take some shots how's it's setup right now and after I did it like the bloke with the Nokon housing.

thanks for all the help.

I did it a bit simpler than that, just drilled the stay side/rear of the collar about halfway through at the same width as outer, then ran a short length of outer (100mm) down to the standard v-brake set up (complete with metal tube bit). Can send a pic if you want. Best bit was that all it cost was a short bit of standard outer. :)

Back