Kona Misser replica 1997

Another piece of the puzzle arrived after a lucky ebay find and at a very reasonable cost. That's the rear set-up sorted now.

PXL_20231111_194246830.jpg

The two biggies left: cranks and tyres :eek:

Last edited:
I managed to grab a few minutes to get the rotor on this afternoon and the sun was out, so here's where it's at. We're getting there...

OBEdS8.jpg

QwgBjT.jpg

PXL_20231113_140213185.jpg

FSoz5e.jpg

Last edited:
Two sets of pic's in a week? Madness.

Thanks to @benjabbi we have useable rubber that whilst not totally period correct (but still old, steel bead, early'ish model) will mean I won't slip all over the shop or cry knowing I'm ruining some classic tyres that cost a small fortune. It doesn't come across in the pictures but 2.2s fill out that bit extra and really look the part. That all said, I will keep looking for something special for the show and shine pics.

PXL_20231117_110437256.jpg PXL_20231117_110457794.jpg

So, CRANKS. CRANKS. I need CRANKS!

@al-onestare I'm fairly certain those grips were an actual Kona product. Look at this picture of a Gripshift from the 97 catalogue, it certainly looks like the same grip next to the shifter and I seem to have recollections of them from years ago. Unfortunately probably like rocking horse poo these days! _20231117_182042.JPG

Two sets of pic's in a week? Madness.

Thanks to @benjabbi we have useable rubber that whilst not totally period correct (but still old, steel bead, early'ish model) will mean I won't slip all over the shop or cry knowing I'm ruining some classic tyres that cost a small fortune. It doesn't come across in the pictures but 2.2s fill out that bit extra and really look the part. That all said, I will keep looking for something special for the show and shine pics.

View attachment 796802View attachment 796803

So, CRANKS. CRANKS. I need CRANKS!

I’ve got these M952 ones.

@al-onestare I'm fairly certain those grips were an actual Kona product. Look at this picture of a Gripshift from the 97 catalogue, it certainly looks like the same grip next to the shifter and I seem to have recollections of them from years ago. Unfortunately probably like rocking horse poo these days! View attachment 796924
Pretty sure there're not. It doesn't come through on the pics but it's a definite lightening type pattern, not the geometric style on those grips.

I’ve got these M952 ones.
Ta but 5 arm needed preferably (and getting an adapter costs almost as much again!)

Back