Kona Ku Serial Number List - update 04/09/24

Thank you very much chaps.

I have a vast amount of documentation and pictures on all things Kona filed away in my computer - I was saying to Alasdair, if I don't share it now on here, then there seems little point in storing it away all this time :D .

With regards to the Team colour, it would appear from what we see here (and what Monsieur Paul is saying) that the Team Riders were indeed using a variety of different models with some sort of common Orange Team Colour - I'm not sure if we will establish the name of that Livery.

Anyway, I count six Hot frames on the List that fall into this category. There is also a clue that regardless of the model, the girls were generally riding 17" frames, while the guys were on 20".

Pip

Thank you very much chaps.

I have a vast amount of documentation and pictures on all things Kona filed away in my computer - I was saying to Alasdair, if I don't share it now on here, then there seems little point in storing it away all this time :D .

With regards to the Team colour, it would appear from what we see here (and what Monsieur Paul is saying) that the Team Riders were indeed using a variety of different models with some sort of common Orange Team Colour - I'm not sure if we will establish the name of that Livery.

Anyway, I count six Hot frames on the List that fall into this category. There is also a clue that regardless of the model, the girls were generally riding 17" frames, while the guys were on 20".

Pip

Now that would be an interesting thread, all the known team bikes and history :cool:

Certainly a lot of shades of Orange/gold. For me the Max Jones image is my favourite shade, seemingly matching the Kona logos on the Team Kit.

This seems a likely candidate: a Kona USA letter to show attendees lists Tom Foster as an "Inside Sales Representative"
Cheers Matti, I'm familiar with "Inside Sales Representative" Paddy White who as far as I am aware, is still with the company now.

Paddy White.jpg

Paddy White second from right:
Jacob_Doug_Dan_Paddy_Maurey.jpg

Now that would be an interesting thread, all the known team bikes and history :cool:

Certainly a lot of shades of Orange/gold. For me the Max Jones image is my favourite shade, seemingly matching the Kona logos on the Team Kit.

Yeah I am very interested to identify Max's bike there with race number 135 - it looks like the 1994 "Kona Custom" Decal along the rear of the Top Tube:

1994 Kula.jpg

Pip

The model name looks like it's 3 letters long. Koa ? Highly doubtful as not nearly nice enough for a team frame.

Sorry Mark, I didn't pop these pictures up of what is allegedly Trish Sinclair's Team frame. I've listed it as a 17" 1994 Orange TET 1681. Very close to the Orange of the bike that Max Jones is seen riding in the 1996 catalogue:

1994 Hot 17 TET1681.jpg

1994 Hot 17 TET1681_1b.jpg

I have a few more if you wanted some other detail:

Pip

Last edited:
Back