Kona Hot Serial Number List - update 24/09/24

and like mine (1522) this one also doesn't appear to have a ribbed down tube.
So similar to the Explosifs in ‘94 in that some had the fluted/ribbed down tube (as per the ‘93s) and some did not. Going to be getting mine (fluted ‘94 Explosif) resprayed so will try and see if there evidence of other colours under the ‘94 green.

Do we need to add Fluted/ribbed to the list on page 1 for the 94s as another differentiator?

So similar to the Explosifs in ‘94 in that some had the fluted/ribbed down tube (as per the ‘93s) and some did not. Going to be getting mine (fluted ‘94 Explosif) resprayed so will try and see if there evidence of other colours under the ‘94 green.

Do we need to add Fluted/ribbed to the list on page 1 for the 94s as another differentiator?

Good shout, I was wondering the same thing. Maybe it was an option, or something that just "naturally" transitioned mid-year.

What do we collectively think? This is the time where we really miss Pip and his mega-knowledge 🙏

Good shout, I was wondering the same thing. Maybe it was an option, or something that just "naturally" transitioned mid-year.
I suspect “naturally”, or nothing more than “using up last years tubesets”. I doubt that fluted vs not fluted made any meaningful difference in the ride, though obviously fluted is way more coolerer. 😎
What do we collectively think? This is the time where we really miss Pip and his mega-knowledge 🙏
Agreed. Think we should add the info where we have it, it’s an easy to spot thing even if the frame has lost its badging/decals.

Latest posts

Back