Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Cant believe lm selling this :shock:

18" 1998 last of the line Kona Hot

Full 853 Tubing with the bi ovalised 853 down tube

Stunning original metallic paint and decals

Standard Kona geometry

A few chips here and there but no rust, chain suck or slap.

£350.00 posted pp gift Sold :cry:

Attachments

• IMG_7434.jpg
    IMG_7434.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 1,476
  • IMG_7429.jpg
    IMG_7429.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 1,476
  • IMG_7433.jpg
    IMG_7433.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 1,476
  • IMG_7436.jpg
    IMG_7436.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 1,476
Nice frame, I own 2 Kona 853 Explosifs from 1998 and a NOS 1999. Always thought you could tell an Explosif from a Hot quickly by the fact that the Hot didn't have the rack mount holes on the rear stays. Am I mistaken as yours has rack mounts? As Hots were sort of a custom build, were some built with them as an option?

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... t=kona+hot

Here is the thread on the subject of this frame back in '07

Some later Hots had mounts. l believe it was either a custom option or they were simply running out of 853 stays with out mount holes so had to resort to using 853 stays from the Explosif.

The defining point is that it has the rare bi ovalised 853 downtube. Only the 853 Hots had this where as the '98 / '99 Explosifs in 853 just had a plain round down tube.

Thanks for the info. It just proves that no matter how much you think you know, there is always more to learn! :shock:

Beautiful frame though, if I hadn't bought my NOS 1999 Explosif recently, I would have bought it from you. I didn't think an 18inch HOT would ever come up for sale in original condition, why are you selling it? Have got a Hei Hei Ti to replace it?

Step 1 - don't reveal what you actually paid for it
Step 2 - explain how it's super rare
Step 3 - buy her an amazing b'day present
Step 4 - (oh well it's a Hot - she will forget about it in a week or so but the love between a man and a Hot will last forever)

Monkeeee01":2xzy47ov said:
Step 1 - don't reveal what you actually paid for it
Step 2 - explain how it's super rare
Step 3 - buy her an amazing b'day present
Step 4 - (oh well it's a Hot - she will forget about it in a week or so but the love between a man and a Hot will last forever)

These are the exact steps l took :)

Back