Kona Hei Hei 1991 2 owner bike with pedigree racing

Yeti7cje

Old School Hero
Possibly moving my beloved Kona Hei Hei on as I don't use it much anymore.
I used to take the kids to school on it, getting plenty of attention and sometimes into the hills of Church Stretton, so minimal wear on the components (bike hoarder so plenty of choose from). To be honest I had more fun building it then time playing on it. Even tried my hand at bike of month with it (May Canadian special), so even done the show things, so it has scratched all the itches now.
All works as it should.

So what is the current value of these bikes? I saw a later version frameset only go for £1310 which nicely surprised me! I have a serious buyer but want a fair market valuation and this is the place!
*Hei Hei 1991 19inch frame unmodified
*XT 732 groupset including hubs (xtr wasnt available in 1991)
*Ringle finishing kit (stem, seatpost, bottle cage, quick releases)
*Merlin Ti handlebars
*Custom Titanium Burls fork
*Period correct Mavic headset which is pretty unusual
*Mavic rims
*Flight saddle
See images

Its a got a full build thread here:

Thanks for any comments.

Attachments

• Bridge side.jpg
    Bridge side.jpg
    920.1 KB · Views: 43
  • postbox front.jpg
    postbox front.jpg
    604.8 KB · Views: 43
  • Postbox rear.jpg
    Postbox rear.jpg
    507.1 KB · Views: 39
  • Rear cable.jpg
    Rear cable.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 37
  • frame number.jpg
    frame number.jpg
    440.8 KB · Views: 49
Full bikes are always hard to value as depends not only on the spec but if a buyer wants that particular spec, most end up changing it.

Frame on its own is around the £750 mark though.

I saw that later frameset get what it got, and was also VERY surprised! Not sure why it achieved that - though I've often heard that later framesets are more desirable than earlier ones (it's the other way around for me), perhaps being a 17" really helped?

Edit to say, I'd have said frame only as per @mk one guidance of around £750

Complete bike - hard to see past about £1300-£1400

Last edited:
Agreed frameset worth around £700. Obviously there's some tasty bits on it which are worth a bit more. Including the components of the original racing set up would significant additional value imo. A racing history does add value.

Obviously, nothing to stop you using the recent sale as evidence to justify bumping up your asking price.

Back