Kona Explosif

The frame paint doesn't seem so bad - it's the rest that's caught the weather. I'd want more close-up shots around the BB area for a start, assurance the seatpost and stem move and they could cheapen it postage-wise if they tossed half of it away - not sure about those wheels or cranks. Most of it seems just to make it look like a complete bike. Ask on the forum if someone's got something better for sale?

Yeah the frame and fork might not be too bad...I'll ask the guy for more pics of the frame and fork. I probably won't get to do the repainting over, and commissioning that to a 3rd party would outprice my budget. The price of €155 I was given is based on the bike being disassambeld, so as to fit within the postal dimension limitations, so hopefully it won't be too stuck. With regards to the replacement of the parts on this bike, I have a stock of most, based on 90/91 circa DX in good condition on an MBK i have purchased at an uber cheap price. To complete the explosive I would need to purchase headset, bb, seatpost clamp, possibly front mech if mine won't fit. Thanky you for your input :)
The frame paint doesn't seem so bad - it's the rest that's caught the weather. I'd want more close-up shots around the BB area for a start, assurance the seatpost and stem move and they could cheapen it postage-wise if they tossed half of it away - not sure about those wheels or cranks. Most of it seems just to make it look like a complete bike. Ask on the forum if someone's got something better for sale?

Id take a gamble at that. The frame and fork once painted would be worth decent money and you may salvage some extra bits
i probably won't get to really strip and paint it...commissioning it to a 3rd party will Probably cost too much...i'll ask the seller for more info to assess leaving the frame and fork in their state, whilst rebuilding, replacing all the parts with the DX i already have access to

Back