Kona Explosif Mountain Bike 20" 1998 + Hope Upgrades

eds720

Retro Newbie
This is a very low mileage bike, 1 owner from new, having been stored indoors for circa 10 years.
Am selling on behalf of a friend who is too cool to be Facebook, let alone registered on eBay.
He's selling it as he busted his Knee (10 years ago) and not likely to get back on this bike.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400659236386? ... 1586.l2649

Happy to answer any questions.

best
ed

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
It's been up quite a few times and talk on the forum for quite a lot of them

It just up for too much.
That and you've posted it in the wrong section, you may want to find your way around and notice this is 1997 and before.

And given the owner claims a different story for why you are selling it and also had it valued iirc in what's it worth.

BIN of £750, is it a limited edition Ti frame under the paint?

I love konas and have two myself, but i fail to see where the extra £550 is in that bike (i have a 1998 Caldera, same frame build/material, same sexy dropouts, with bombers, and almost full XT/XTR, and i wouldnt say thats worth more than £250 even with a better spec)

Geez guys.

Where Ed and I grew up - North Devon - the mountain biking community was tight, and welcoming.

Seems like everything we say here comes under scrutiny and is seen as suspect.

Yes, I smashed my right knee, ACL and MCL. It was a skiing injury sustained way back in the mid 90s on a college skiing trip - with my "friend" Ed that has hence sufficiently stopped me playing football too (two on-pitch knee dislocations).
* Yes, I put my kneecap back in place myself both times.
* No, it didn't ding the top tube of a steel framed mountain bike.

Can provide MRIs but there doesn't seem to be the requisite upload button.

Tired of the mother's meeting nonsense. Trying to be nice.

Bye lads.

I'm sure no-one meant to offend but often (not always) when something appears a little suspicious, it is, and people on here are just trying to look out for one another.

Often (and again, not always) when people join just to sell or promote something it is dodgy and two different people promoting the same item can be cause for alarm bells to ring.

In this part of the forum, people are always going to comment on the asking price but I'm sure you'll find a new home for your bike sooner or later :)

It's a top bike, I'm sure if the reserve is set appropriately it will sell and the new owner will be more than happy with it.

Back