Kona Cinder Cone 1996

Definitely Cindercone

Hi I bought this, its a 94 cindercone, almost totally original. The pic on e bay was a library photo. If i could figure out how to post a photo here i'd do it so you guys could see it.

Definitely Cindercone

Kona.jpg

Ok lets see if this works! Thanks for your help. If it does what do you think of the bike?

that is nice :D i will own one of these one day......... maybe when i give up the dh-ing :LOL:

I don't understand. Did you think you were buying a 96 Cinder Cone in the option red, collection-only from Swansea, and drove all the way from Hampshire only to find that the bike you had bought wasn't the one advertised? Were you disappointed? I mean, it might have been your life's ambition to own a bike with a vertical stem!

Still, you can't complain, as the 94 bike you've got seems to be in very good condition and should be worth at least twice what you paid, especially if it is original and in good condition. And at least they're both the same size. I can't quite see how original it is from that photo, but why don't you put more photos and a description in the readers' bikes -->97 section?

I personally prefer the red with blue decals, but I think the peach-coloured 94 is more popular and probably worth more than a red 96.

It wasn't so bad. I spoke to the seller before I went and I was working nearby that week. He wasn't sure about the age etc so it was a bit of a gamble but I'm very pleased with it as its the actual year and colour I was after, and let's face for £100 its better than anything else you could find new! I'll post some pics when I get a chance. I also have a green lavadome from about the same year, how can I date it? Again seems fairly original, bought for £60. I'm no expert on these but they seem great value (I hope I've had a good deal?) and ride so well. I've now got 3 konas simply because I like them so much, don't know that much about them. but maybe you experts on here can help?

Thanks, i will post some pics when i can, but the decals are identical to those on my cindercone above (obviously apart from the lavadome one!) and same equipment apart from lower spec shimano changers etc, seems pretty much same period? If it helps I think the seat post is 27 whereas cindercone is 26.6?

Back