Kona Cinder Cone £1100

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Just looked at everything else he’s selling - few bits priced more reasonably
but still can’t get over this one .... £110 would be more realistic given its a cone and not an Explosive or a Brody

Retro Spud":ugacvtda said:
As had already been said thats a 1990 model, like mine as the earlier ones had u brakes on the arse end and different paint and XCD only had a very short shelf life

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/v/M ... 3.jpg.html

Drop into 89 and the paint is different and the U brake
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/v/M ... b.jpg.html
There's also the small matter of Kona being formed in 1988, therefore there are no 1987 Cindercones around. But definitely 1990 and not all that rare as he's claiming, certainly not £1100 worth of rare!

To be honest for someone with more than a passing knowledge the seller is being fraudulent with his listing by making the claims he is !

It is strange, like you say judging by his collection, including some very nice Kona's, he certainly knows his bikes. Maybe he doesnt really want to sell it, but obviously could be persuaded for a high price :) , to fund his habit maybe :LOL:

mk one":21bzzss2 said:
It is strange, like you say judging by his collection, including some very nice Kona's, he certainly knows his bikes. Maybe he doesnt really want to sell it, but obviously could be persuaded for a high price :) , to fund his habit maybe :LOL:

The photos of his collection suggest he knows his bikes but there’s so many errors in the listing descriptions that don’t support that. Maybe his other half is trying to sell them behind his back!

raidan73":j4n9uw3g said:
The photos of his collection suggest he knows his bikes but there’s so many errors in the listing descriptions that don’t support that. Maybe his other half is trying to sell them behind his back!

Ah, you could be on to something, hopefully he is alright and they arent being sold on his behalf :|

mk one":6akc7378 said:
raidan73":6akc7378 said:

Ah, you could be on to something, hopefully he is alright and they arent being sold on his behalf :|

Well if they are they have hacked his eBay account as well as breaking and entering

Unless the seller is Dutch or works for tango. ...Orange-Mega Man sounds like the owner seller and the PayPal transaction will go to him

Christ if my misses got even even close to £250 for selling mine I’d be over the moon

Attachments

• 06879028-55AA-4290-9213-E18B2D73117E.jpeg
    06879028-55AA-4290-9213-E18B2D73117E.jpeg
    63.1 KB · Views: 315
raidan73":2xxk3ww1 said:
mk one":2xxk3ww1 said:

Agree totally with this! Looking at the collection there's certainly some nice stuff - maybe dark forces are at play :twisted:

Saying that, wasn't the seller also trying to sell a M2 Stumpjumper recently as well? Something like a 2 grand BIN if I recall, complete with a stack of Deore LX and a Suntour X-1 rear mech :?

Latest posts

Back