KLEIN MC2 'MOONRISE' ATTITUDE SOLD

Status
Not open for further replies.
....well paying a good deal of cash is one thing but just finding av frame in L/XL from 92-93 with MC and fork is a problem in itself. If i even find one I'm sure that I could deal with the money issue.

:roll:

:oops:

I have received the frame some time ago, and I was very disappointed about the paint job. The colors where briljant, paint scheme also top of the bill, but the paint job was very poor. Damaged, scratched, drip in the paint, paint chipped on some places and a lot of dust in the paint. But these where only "minor" issue's according to the painter.
Everything has been solved concerning the transaction. But at the end, it still doesn't change anything to the state of my frame.

So I keep asking myself where my expection to high? But if you read his internetsite you really get excited, also if you see all his pictures. So are there other people who have bought our had a repaint from Jonrock aka kleinspainted which also had such an experience or who had a good experience, I would like to hear them. I know this is maybe tricky as everybody seem to like his paint job, but I am still interrested.. :?:

Jack

Hi Jack,

Just to let you know, I have received my Klein from Jonrock a few weeks ago, and not wishing to rub salt in wounds, but the paint job on both forks and frame are excellent. I could only find one minuscule transit chip, which was forgivable, as the fuselage was packed very well. I couldn't fault the service
I received, but more to the point I hope you can enjoy the bike once it's built!

Dear Craig,

This has nothing to do with rubbing salt in my wounds, I only want to hear from people who have a Jonrock repaint, what there experience is.

The frame will be shipped this monday to another painter, he will have a look and see what has to happen. But he already said that he would prefer to start from scratch, so that he can get the dents out and make a good base so that he can do the moonrise finish, get the Klein decal straight on the front fork.

So we will see where this will end..

Jack

Hope it all turns out ok in the end Jack, but just to clarify my Jonrock reprint is exceptional, and I have nothing but praise for the transaction from start to finish. I have no affiliation with Jonrock (!) I merely wanted to supply the information you were looking for.

I hope this info is clear, and everything turns out ok for your project.

Regards Craig.

I have similar experiences with a JohnRock repainted fuselage:

The Gator Pinnacle fuselage I recently sold was repainted by JohnRock as well - some areas of the fade looked like the jet of the pistol was making problems (not fine enough - really rough fade), there was definitely not enough clearcoat on some areas (surface feeling like sandpaper), dust in the clearcoat, the noodle of the MC unit was not covered before painting resulting in a too small hole for a cable endcap - same as the chainstay where the cable for the rear derailleur is attached to the frame...
One decal on the MC unit stood out of the clearcoat with one edge, a chainsuck on the chainstay has not been smoothed out, the cable guide under the bottom bracket was glued-on with a hot-glue gun instead of the original rivets...
Generally there was a very thick basepaint layer and not enough clearcoat in most areas.
Also I have the impression that the paint was really soft even over a year after the original repaint....

As I bought it from Johns customer I cannot say how/if John reacted to reclamations and I have to add that from 10m away the fuselage looked really stunning.

Cheers

George

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back