KARMA Goldtec Rasta Front Hub GONE

Barneyballbags

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Now, you don't see one of these every day. I bought this the other day and initially thought about keeping it for a future build. However the way things are at the moment that might take a while!

"G-Tec" front hub, rasta. Not sure if the centre if gold anodised, or ti nitride.

G-Tec/Goldtec are the same company. Hub is 32 hole. Anodising is slightly faded but it still looks lovely and I doubt that you'll see many more of them about.

Currently built onto a Rigida DP22 rim (snowflake pattern). However the rim isn't in the best condition, although the braking surfaces are fine and have plenty of life left.

Ideal if you've got some rims that you're looking to build up :)

£6 to cover postage gets it. See posts below if you're wondering why.

WP_000005.jpg

WP_000007.jpg

WP_000006.jpg

Hi,

The rim is just well used. Structurally there's nothing wrong with it but its past looking its best, put it that way! I hadn't even noticed the spoke, so thanks for pointing it out :) ... The rest of the spokes look ok but I'd suggest that whoever bought it use the hub for another wheel build. I don't have a spoke key to strip the wheel otherwise I'd have sold the hub only.

If someone wants the hub only, and can lend me a spoke key, I'll strip the wheel for you and knock a few quid off. Unfortunately I don't have an angle grinder to do it 'the easy way' either :( ;)

The price I've given is for the hub as I realise that the rest of it will probably be thrown away and, as I said before, I'd have already stripped it down if I'd had the means.

Wow the third thread in as many days.

First of all prior to buying it from your LBS you ask if I am interested in it, on a thread where I pointed out I collect such things (and indeed where you got the information that enabled you to identify the hub you previously didn't recognise as a Goldtec). I reply stating an interest.

Then whilst (I assume) trying to establish a price on another thread, I reply stating an interest again... might of been an idea to ask more about the spec of the hub than the price you could get for it. FYI the centre is Ti Nitride coated titanium.

Now it is only due to having eyes like a hawk that I spot you are selling it. I am not sure what I have to do to register an interest.

Love the way the story changes each time. Reading between the lines you bought it to sell as you had no idea what it was until late last week when it was brought to your attention that they were sort of rare, and that there was interest from at least one party in it. Don't get me wrong I am not against a little profiteering so long as it helps interested parties get the parts they want. I love the hunt & chase of interesting parts but this whole thing just seems slightly drawn out... [dragon]For that reason I am out. [/dragon]

And another free little tip that may save you money on postage. If you don't have a spoke key or a grinder(!) and are planning on binning the rim and spokes any way...just cut the spokes using a pair of cutters (if you have some). Glad to help again on this.

Good luck with the sale.

waz":2291kmrz said:
is that not just the hole for the valve to come through.

In the picture above that one check out the spoke next to the Volvo's rear wheel, think that's what he was referring to ;)

Right then.

Firstly, I did post a reply regarding the damaged spoke (pictured above). However I posted it from my phone earlier today which may explain why it hasn't appeared. Thank you to insane gravity and to Rampage also for pointing this out as I hadn't noticed it until after I'd read Rampage's initial reply.

Second, JeRkY, if you're out, fair enough. I'm sorry for the confusion. But please do not make the assumption from "reading between the lines" that I bought the hub to sell on and make a profit. Yes, I did ask if you were interested, but I bought the hub/wheel because I liked it and thought I'd keep it - I think everyone is guilty at one point or another of buying something they don't really need, simply because they think it's nice. I'm selling it because I won't use it (I was going to try it on my Cro Mega but it'll look all wrong) and it's better off on someone else's bike than leaning up against my kitchen wall.

In fact, I'll karma the wheel to whoever wants it. Just pay the cost of postage (£6) and I'll send it. If there's one thing I don't do it's con people, or 'profiteer'. I paid a good deal more than £6 for the wheel but I'd rather it went to someone all in good nature than sell it and give the impression that the only reason I bought the thing was to make some money from it. There's no profit to be made from old bike kit anyway, especially when you buy it from a bike shop owner who knows what they're on about.

Cheers

Back