Just paid 101,000 yen for a Fake Dirt Shark on Jauce

Look it up it's pretty cool stuff, as I understand it it's basically a very thin waterslide kinda decal thingy. Can get some really cool looking effects with it but nothing like as durable/cool as paint.

Last edited:
Just hope it's not been hydrodipped. :LOL:
@racecarjohnny this is what @hotwheels means:
Hydrodipping, Hydrographics, Water transfer printing etc.

Me personally, I'm not convinced this is how the Land Shark frame was done. Looks like they've done lots of stencilling/masking over the numerous neon colour fades to create the patterns on top. I think they've used scrim tape (used on plasterboard/drywall joins) or something similar to help create the pixelated effect. The patterns look like a combination of sprayed/hand painted to create the grid effect shapes. I may be entirely wrong, but it looks like it's been done the artisanal way to me!

I'm only saying this as another RBer did this, the invert effect to your Land Shark:

I took it that @hotwheels was just joking as the paint pattern could make you think that but @27motorhead I agree with you on all fronts paint wise, Mr Slawta would not have had it any other way. When, fingers crossed, it safely arrives I want to reach out to him to get the story on this paint job, I've read positive things about him being open to respond to questions on his bikes. There has to be a story behind it. Can't imagine who you needed to be to plop down thousands of US in the late 80's for that bike.

Last edited:
I'll be interested to see what you can find out about this. Doesn't look very "sharky" to my eyes

The decals look right for sure. The fastback stays and tig welding aren't what I associate with them is all.

Back