just had a well freaky nightride!!

jonnyboy666":20q68uy3 said:
watch for a full moon and stick to the roads, stay off the moors!!

:LOL:

If an owl had hooted at the same time I'd probably have had a heart attack at the wheel. Having no roof on at the time I had visions of the thing jumping in. :oops: :shock: :LOL:

jonnyboy666":euzvlxrt said:
....brockenhurst......... head towards the bridge crossing the river infront of me....nearby campsite!!

Is that the river on the edge of Brockenhurst, on the road to Lyndhurst? The campsite is Hollands Wood iIrc. Some nice trails around there but I've never had a bike with me when I've been there. :cry:

Next thing you know you'll be seeing triffids all over the place! :LOL: :LOL:

no, not the hollands wood campsite, the other side of the main road but essentially it is the same river, this trail goes along the back of campsite where the new forest show is held then goes back towards brock along the edge of another campsite whose name i can't remember at the mo!! :roll:

So where are your fave trails in the NF? I tend to always head to the bits up Deerleap Lane, mainly because they're where I first get to when I ride from home! I do explore further afield fairly often, but I've not found much in the way of particularly technical stuff. Any hints?!

technical? what technical?! there's absolutely bugger all technical in the new forest, unfortunately. i just try and use it like a training ground for when i go further afield to wales or whatever, although there's some reasonable singletrack in dibden encosure and on the kings copse area, but you really have to look for it. :(

that's why i nip over the IOW quite alot, not particularly technical but atleast it's up and down quite abit. :D

Back