JOIN THE ORANGE "CLOCKWORK" CLUB,show your bikes!

Re: Re:

B3":2qz1q02s said:
That the colour scheme mine was I got it from 2XS down in the Witterings. Eventually added Manitou 2's to it.

My 92 Clockwork (posted on the previous page) originally came from 2XS :cool:

Re:

Looking again at the purple bike it seems to have a 89/90 style seat stay that doesn't join the seat tube at the same point as the top tube as other 1992 bike do. :?

brocklanders023":3puwtpx4 said:
Looking again at the purple bike it seems to have a 89/90 style seat stay that doesn't join the seat tube at the same point as the top tube as other 1992 bike do. :?

My frame is like that and has exactly the same frame features as your yellow/white fade Clockwork, which makes me now assume mine's an 89/90. When I first had the bike, I wasn't sure about the 'quirky' stepped frame shape – I always lusted after a frame with a fast sloping top tube with all tubes meeting at the same points. Now, I quite like the 'quirky' frame shape as it looks different and 'cuts a dash' to most other bikes around these days. With that frame arrangement, it has shorter chain stays which make it better for getting the power down and cornering faster and tackling technical courses. The downside is that Orange kept that bridging section between the chain stays, so the area behind the BB always gets clagged up in cruddy conditions.

Re:

Hello all, new here and I have a clockwork which I rescued from a garage where it was being forgotten. Most of it is there and seem to be working ok except for some missing teeth on the chain-rings, shot tyres/tubes and very worn grips.
I am thinking :idea: that I would like to get this back on the road but in a good working state. Not done much cycling since I was a child and think this could be a pleasant way of gaining some fitness back.
Loads of technical capability (Technician) but little background knowledge on modern bikes/parts, my questions to you are; Any ideas as to age of this bike (nice to know but not essential) do you think its worth investment and what parts would you lovely people recommend.
Being a cycle part newbie :facepalm: , please be as descriptive as poss because I really don't know what you are talking about with the abbreviations :oops:
Got more pics if it helps...

Attachments

• orange1.JPG
    orange1.JPG
    19.7 KB · Views: 595
  • orange2.JPG
    orange2.JPG
    21 KB · Views: 593
Re:

Hello all, new here and I have a clockwork which I rescued from a garage where it was being forgotten. Most of it is there and seem to be working ok except for some missing teeth on the chain-rings, shot tyres/tubes and very worn grips.
I am thinking :idea: that I would like to get this back on the road but in a good working state. Not done much cycling since I was a child and think this could be a pleasant way of gaining some fitness back.
Loads of technical capability (Technician) but little background knowledge on modern bikes/parts, my questions to you are; Any ideas as to age of this bike (nice to know but not essential) do you think its worth investment and what parts would you lovely people recommend.
Being a cycle part newbie :facepalm: , please be as descriptive as poss because I really don't know what you are talking about with the abbreviations :oops:

Welcome – you've come to the right place with your Clockwork! Would be be good to see bigger pics of it for a better viewing. From what I can tell, the frame and components seem to be in OK condition. Looks like a 1999 Clockwork, possibly...

May be just get a new ring, replace tyres and other rubber bits, then recable it and do some lubing and off you go. Mine was in a damp cellar for a good decade and just needed new chain, tyres, tubes and cables to get it running again, before having a new paint job. Further down the road, you could consider any refurb or upgrade ideas.

Just get riding and have some fun.

Re:

Could be the "anniversary" looks like it has the 1+1/8 steerer and geometery for some suspension. Perhaps 1998/1999. Cool bike, plenty of potential.

Saddle angle is making my eyes water a bit though. If you don't want to sing soprano over the ramps, best break out the allen keys :LOL:

First ride out on my 1991 XT spec Clockie after its respray.

Forgot how good it rode.

Full build thread up sometime later today after I clean it.

Attachments

• clockie.jpg
    clockie.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 532
Stiff_Orange":17aauwbt said:
First ride out on my 1991 XT spec Clockie after its respray.

Forgot how good it rode.

Full build thread up sometime later today after I clean it.

Nice. Good to see some colour coded Onza bar ends on it!

groovyblueshed":13npdpgt said:

Welcome – you've come to the right place with your Clockwork! Would be be good to see bigger pics of it for a better viewing. From what I can tell, the frame and components seem to be in OK condition. Looks like a 1999 Clockwork, possibly...

May be just get a new ring, replace tyres and other rubber bits, then recable it and do some lubing and off you go. Mine was in a damp cellar for a good decade and just needed new chain, tyres, tubes and cables to get it running again, before having a new paint job. Further down the road, you could consider any refurb or upgrade ideas.

Just get riding and have some fun.

Thanks for your help, I'm off tomorrow have to get a few bits and I will begin a bit of stripping and lubing.... Added a few more pics, hopefully they come out ok. :D

Attachments

• photo 1(1).JPG
    photo 1(1).JPG
    263.8 KB · Views: 508
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    270.6 KB · Views: 508
  • photo 2(1).JPG
    photo 2(1).JPG
    279.9 KB · Views: 508
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    317.2 KB · Views: 507
  • photo 3(1).JPG
    photo 3(1).JPG
    236.6 KB · Views: 507
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    193.6 KB · Views: 507
  • photo 4(1).JPG
    photo 4(1).JPG
    187.3 KB · Views: 507
  • photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    234 KB · Views: 507
Re:

Bigger and better pics there Silverback. That's a good vibrant red glowing paint job on that frame. Like the head badge – would have loved a 'proper' one like that on mine (originally just a sticker). Bike's seen some action there but a complete strip down at some point to clean and buff, etc would soon transform it – have fun!

Back