JOIN THE ORANGE "CLOCKWORK" CLUB,show your bikes!

I was given an old early 90's Orange Clockwork yesterday which is a bit of a wreck, but I've stripped it down and think it's worth a rebuild with a modern twist, the rear mech hanger was bent badly . Its finished in the classic orange with white top and down tubes but the paintwork is well past a polish

Re:

I would always save a Clockwork if possible, sounds like it could make a good hack/pub bike. Also its in the classic orange and white, so its got iconic status and will be recognised even if paint work is well worn. What modern twist were you thinking!! :D

Thanks for your kind comments brocklander023, regarding my clockwork, very appreciated especially coming from someones who has built up so many fantastic orange bikes, my particular favourite is the 89 Clockwork in yellow and white!!

Re:

Have Revamped my bike by putting on some new decals, Which I had Retrobike Gil do. Very nice, thanks Gil!! Although I do like the old decals, but felt there were to badly worn to keep. Next on the agenda is to get some lx or dx chainset for it!

Attachments

• IMG_0809.JPG
    IMG_0809.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 932
  • IMG_0808.jpg
    IMG_0808.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 932
As I have a fair few spares in the box I was thinking a newish Deore 9 speed drivetrain, need a chainset and rear mech to pull that off, I also have a set of XT V brakes, Easton monkeylite bars and stem which I intend to attach with a Ahead converter, new seatpost and saddle and some old Trek wheels. I don't think I'll fit suspension, although I do have most of a Manitou Mach5sx in the garage with a 1" steerer

Here she is stripped down on the "new" wheels

Clockwork1_zps88f375e8.jpg

The rear mech and cause of the bent hanger

Clockwork2_zpsb8896554.jpg

Box of bits removed and bagged, for trade or disposal

Clockwork3_zpsacdc8422.jpg

Re:

:D Looks pretty good, really like theses clockworks (colour), did well getting that for free. A good winter bike I'd say, 9 speed mix should be good. Perhaps put a few orange period pieces such as Stalk stem or Hot rod bars to finish it off!! But frame still looks pretty good visually, with the orange colour on the frame appearing bright, and does not appear too faded! Look forward to seeing it built :p

Re:

:D Thats a really nice Clockwork!! !! I really like the look of it. Always liked the 1993 version. I owned a blue and grey one, but always preferred the other colours they did. But got a blue and grey version second hand (1 year old) at the time for £400. A lot of money back in 1994 at the ripe old age of 14! I remember it had Suntour xc comp groupset, but unfortuntely the previous owner had changed the saddle, stem, seatpost and bars, which was a shame! But the 1993 version has many fond memories for me!

Back