JOIN THE ORANGE "CLOCKWORK" CLUB,show your bikes!

Wanted a clockwork for ever back in the day but could never afford. So last year eBay provided a Matt black 1994 frame, But rather than go faithfully retro I built it up as if I'd had it for ever, wear and tear and replacement bits. So here it is. Pretty much all contemporary 90's /early 00's apart from stem, bars, rear mech and v- brakes.

Rides very nicely, I understand why it's a classic. Two inches of squishy suspension helps a treat.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 431
Re:

Not likely to be to many peoples taste, but here is my '98 10th anniversary Clockwork. Some modern stuff on it, and heavy V8's :oops: The missus rides this bike

Re:

RichardW, that green and yellow is pretty eye popping. Interesting build, do I spy a campy chainset? Nice RC35's - I'm looking for a set at the moment and it's good to hear you appreciate the performance.

Re:

Paddy311, that colour scheme still cuts it. Another interesting build - certainly seems that Clockwork frames have been used to host some varied parts assemblages over the years (I mean that in a good way ;-) )

Re: Re:

MatBH5":yygz467a said:
Paddy311, that colour scheme still cuts it. Another interesting build - certainly seems that Clockwork frames have been used to host some varied parts assemblages over the years (I mean that in a good way ;-) )

Cheers. If I'm honest - when I put that bike together I was just fed up with spending ages cleaning up shit old parts that don't work properly anymore but *look retro*. So I bought new drivetrain. I make no apologies for the Paul brakes though - they just work great and are really easy to get totally right. The brakes are my favorite part of the bike, having ridden it a fair bit last year myself.

Back