JOIN THE ORANGE "CLOCKWORK" CLUB,show your bikes!

Re: Re:

brocklanders023":5om9g5zi said:
Nothing wrong with that Paddy, very nice (except the tyres but then I've never been keen on them).

groovyblueshed":5om9g5zi said:
Paddy, that Anniversary Clockwork looks Hot Wheels fast – like it!

Cheers chaps - I'm always wary of showing it off 'cos the modern bits are marmite. I like it though, and it does work well. I don't ride it as much as i thought I would though, sadly - it's a real wrist killer with that riding position. :facepalm:

paddy311":hibrznx3 said:
brocklanders023":hibrznx3 said:
Nothing wrong with that Paddy, very nice (except the tyres but then I've never been keen on them).

groovyblueshed":hibrznx3 said:
Paddy, that Anniversary Clockwork looks Hot Wheels fast – like it!

Cheers chaps - I'm always wary of showing it off 'cos the modern bits are marmite. I like it though, and it does work well. I don't ride it as much as i thought I would though, sadly - it's a real wrist killer with that riding position. :facepalm:

Cheers, no problem. It's a well slammed position, but I like that. Don't worry about the marmites (there'll always be some negative who pops up to pour scorn cos something's not regulation), we like it!

MatBH5":ipt9c3k7 said:
RichardW, that green and yellow is pretty eye popping. Interesting build, do I spy a campy chainset? Nice RC35's - I'm looking for a set at the moment and it's good to hear you appreciate the performance.

Cheers, and yes, a campy chain set from an old dyna tech that fell under a bus. It's xt thumbies and lx levers on supercross bars/ stem, six rc front mech and a newer xt rear mech. The v brakes are modern deore as my old dual pivot lx had seized. LX parallax hubs. At some point I'll rebuild the old brakes and swop the 750 mech for an earlier version, 735?

I ran it originally with F7s but one of my regular rides is cobble stones. The 35s bounce a bit but they track nicely and I can finish the ride with feeling in my hands. Much lighter than I imagined, almost same as weight as the F7s. Recommended.

The colours? Kawasaki green with neon orange decals. I let my five year old choose. Possibly not my wisest decision.

brocklanders023":342nnvyb said:
With it being a 98/99 bike I think you'll get less objection to the updates.

Good point. I wouldn't have done it with an early one TBH.
That said, thinking about it I DO tend to update stuff on most builds. Recently built an '85 Ritchey with M650 DX :LOL: simply 'cos M650 works really well IMO.

My bikes, my rules.

I know where there's a very old clockwork (i'd guess early 90s?) I overheard is just about to go on ebay.... if you're really into them place this http://on-your-bike.org/home/ourservices/sales/ has one in taunton at their trinity site.. it was price marked at 85 or 95 quid.. its the same as the one in the very first post, (but obvs not in as good condition)

is that a good price?

Re:

Sinnerman's Clockwork in the very first post is very nice. £85 sounds quite tempting – depends on the condition of the frame (inside and out) and how much refurbing it might require.

AFAIK its complete, and ready to go. I don't know anything about em, but if something catching my eye is worth anything, it caught my eye... had shortish onzo barends, shimano deore series rear mech

(btw i'm not interested in it! so dont worry ;) - however if you want to get in before they ebay it, be quick!)

Well. If theres anywhere im ever going to find a replacement 21" lime green 1999 Clockwork then its here :)

I sold mine in 2008 to a chap who was French and was running an outdoor center and who's gf picked it up.
Canny be too many Frenchmen running outdoor centers in the UK and liking old bikes so if anywhere id think he'd have found RB

SO If you are french and bought a green clockwork in 2008 or 9 then i want it back :D

Or if anyone has such a thing let me know eh ? Cheers :D

Back