Jockey Wheel help

RadioShed

Old School Hero
I've bought an XTR RD M951 8 speed rear derailleur. The bottom wheel looks like it could do with replacing. Could someone advise on which set I need? Could be Shimano or aftermarket.
TIA

Any should work as long as they have the same number of teeth. Shimano ones have float in them but I've often used alloy ones with sealed bearings and haven't noticed any difference, aside from perhaps looking s bit nicer. You can pick them up pretty cheaply compared to original Shimano ones. You'll also be fine using 9sp ones rather than 8.

I was just stratching my head as the one I have has an 11 tooth Shimano top wheel and 10 tooth alloy bottom. Just wanted to know I hadn't missed something

I'd assumed the ones on there were 11t, my bad, as above should be the same top and bottom.

The xtr950 ones on mine have stainless little ball bearings in. lower end stuff is usually just a sleeve style with no ball bearings in. but as said above normal ons will fit

Shimano ones 8 quid , and they feel much better than these ones I took out. Tension pulley was the wrong thickness. . 16359433996865943101443426647318.jpg

Back