Jax's 1991 GT Zaskar project *Finished*

Re:

How much do you think shipping would be to Norfolk, UK?
I see that ebay seller wants £27 - thats BS.
I'm sure that the headset components could be laid flat and placed in a small jiffy bag - postage would be half.

Re:

Hi Jax
I will be going to the post office tomorrow to get a quote for another item that somebody has asked of me and I can tell you sometime tomorrow what the cost will be. I know it's pathetic that I can't tell you now but I have never sold anything on eBay or here (just been buying) or anywhere else.probably because I still don't know how to post pictures (also pathetic )
Anyway I'll let you know sometime tomorrow
Cheers
LF

Re:

Oh also forgot to mention that eBay seller gives you an option on how much you want to spend on shipping, I took the cheaper option that's what surprised me and it was in a good way

Re:

Posting photo's is done by uploading your pics to an image hosting website - I use Photobucket - then you copy and paste the IMG code to your forum post.

As for postage costs, you could try the US/Canada postal website, you should be able to get a quote including over seas postage.

I can wait tho' so no rush ;) just being helpful :)

Re:

Not that much been going on, just been sorting bits really -

Bought........
NOS rear mech,
NOS headset,
GT chainstay protector,
new Shimano SIS outer gear cables,
2000 grit wet and dry paper,

In the post......
Original GT grips in the post,
Chill Pills,
Crank caps,
XT M732 brakes.

Also, tyres have been located......but no money left DOH!! :facepalm:

Re:

My lovely new 1 1/8" threaded headset is here - thanks to vinevo :)

Brakes are here :)

They even have the original XT pads :eek: -
But due to age cracks (and my own frickin' safety! !), will only use 'em for the initial completed build pics.

Re:

I only want a pair for the front and, according to mombat, these are up to '91 brakes which match the frame date.

Even though mine is/was decaled up as a '92, I still prefer the look of these over the M734's which look cheap imo.

Re:

Sean's right - my '91 Zaskar came with the low profile XT front brake and the later XT U brake on the back - the one with the steel brace piece. M734 as I recall.

Your choice what you put on it though - so if you prefer the sticky out cantilever look then happy days :mrgreen:

Re:

Yeah, thats cool, always happy to take advice/opinions ;)

I've also had an iffy decision to make on the BB which will probably be another bone of contention :LOL: - fitting an M370 rather than the UN70 it was originally fitted with.

Besides, bike stuff is cheap. If after the build I change my mind and someone comes along with NOS M734's then I'll probably buy 'em ;)

Back