Jax's 1991 GT Zaskar project *Finished*

Re:

So this is how the crank came off in the end.....

You'll notice I had to cut off a part just to get the puller to centre - don't think I'll be going for any LBS vacancies :LOL:

But hey, it was junk anyway so no matters.
I had a go at the BB a few times as well but am close to f***ing that up so just phoned the LBS and he's going to take a look tomorrow.
I'll probably end up renewing that though as the left side has a plastic cup which probably means its not an XT, or am I wrong?

Re:

Just got back from the LBS........success! :D BB out and threads seem ok. Apparently the little blighter put up a bit of a fight but succumbed in the end.

Looks original too and XT as well :) Shame the cups are now fooked as the BB is actually a good unit otherwise.

So anyone got a NOS (or vgc at least) XT M730 BB UN70? PM me if so ;).

Lastly, while looking I can see there are too different cup sizes - 68 or 73mm, where do I measure that?

Re:

Hi Jaxon
Measure the width of the actual bottom bracket shell itself. Should be
68 mm. There's one on eBay for 115 USD :evil: you can even see the original sticker price of 19.99 in one if the pctures :facepalm:

Re:

Yeah 68mm. Shame as theres an as new 73mm on eBay for £30.
And theres also a 68mm NOS but that's 127mm total length.
Hard to get the right combo!!

Re: Re:

therealjaxon":2ggwlucg said:
Yeah 68mm. Shame as theres an as new 73mm on eBay for £30.
And theres also a 68mm NOS but that's 127mm total length.
Hard to get the right combo!!

What axle length do you need?

Re:

Of course!
Hopefully its a good one :) Or even just the cups if they're good. Like I said the BB is sound, just the caps are w***ed.

Re: Re:

therealjaxon":1nvw38t5 said:
Of course!
Hopefully its a good one :) Or even just the cups if they're good. Like I said the BB is sound, just the caps are w***ed.

Thought you might say that ;) ... I'll have a look tomorrow.

Cheers

Back