Jax's 1991 GT Zaskar project *Finished*

Re: Re:

therealjaxon":mc18aosi said:
Help please :)......

What is this?

And what is this?

Those are crowns :p

....the top one looks to me like the crown from a Rockshox Quadra21 fork, the bottom one im really not sure. it has similar indents on the top side, so maybe a Rockshox fork as well. but its not a Judy, Judy FSX, Mag20 or Mag21 :?

sean

Re: Jax's 1991 GT Zaskar project

That second one dosnt look like a rock shox crown, looks like its off a cheap set of forks :?

Top one is cool, External butting on the tube :cool:

Re:

Apologies, would have replied sooner but didn't get the notification.

Well, I'm currently restoring the RockShox which I assumed were Mag 21, I asked on the forum for a replacement Crown and steerer as mine had cable rub and this is what I got.
The top pic is the replacement Crown which is slimmer and polished.
The pic underneath is the original, which is bulkier and has a matt finish.

I think the Mag 21 was made for a few years so could the polished Crown be off a later version?

Tbh, I don't really mind as the polished one will look better with the polished frame but just like to know exactly what I have fitted on my bike :)

Re:

well actually i think it could be either, the silver quadra 21 had the same boltable crown as the later mag

with a few google searches, you could probably answer half these questions for yourself ;)

Quadra

Mag

sean

Attachments

• P1010810.JPG
    P1010810.JPG
    200.2 KB · Views: 1,401
  • IMG_2464.JPG
    IMG_2464.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 1,401
Re:

I tried Google, but they all look different in some way or other! :LOL:
I was just hoping that one of the super powers of mtb knowledge would come along and say "yep, that's a........" :)

I am on the look out for the 3D forks though so as soon as I find those the RockShox come off.
Incidentally, a pair just finished on eBay - unsold at £100 - not paying that much!

therealjaxon":1sfof19b said:
I tried Google, but they all look different in some way or other! :LOL:
I was just hoping that one of the super powers of mtb knowledge would come along and say "yep, that's a........" :)

I am on the look out for the 3D forks though so as soon as I find those the RockShox come off.
Incidentally, a pair just finished on eBay - unsold at £100 - not paying that much!

After a few months of searching with no luck you'll probably wish you just spent the one'er on those eBay forks ;)

Send the seller a message making him an offer. People are usually willing to take less after an item went unsold. Especially if they can get around the eBay fees

Re:

Could do, the purchase price isn't too bad, it's the £35 postage that scuppers the deal.

..... and then I'd have to get them stripped and power coated too :roll:

therealjaxon":3bqklffw said:
Could do, the purchase price isn't too bad, it's the £35 postage that scuppers the deal.

..... and then I'd have to get them stripped and power coated too :roll:

oh i see, were they in the USA?

i used nitro mors then painted my forks myself... and they look pretty good (Nitromors: £6, Paint £11)

Sean

Attachments

• p4pb11041767.jpg
    p4pb11041767.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 1,368
  • p4pb11080506.jpg
    p4pb11080506.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 1,368
Re:

Forks and pedals ready for paint. Don't know how I'm going to repaint the 'Shimano Deore XT' bit, but stuff it, never try never succeed :)

Also got the bars today -

Back