Jax's 1991 GT Zaskar project *Finished*

Re:

Tyres from bikediscount.de - £61 a pair including postage.
Obviously originals would be nice but at least I can trust these since they're new :)

Re: Jax's 1991 GT Zaskar project

The Panaracers are available from a half dozen or so e-tailers mostly German. Dude, if you ever left your own build thread in the past 10 months you'd have seen posts on these tire with links to them.
Search it.

Re:

10 months? :LOL:, I've only been here for two :LOL:
And besides, it's not like I have the time to peruse this forum to any extent - family man, full time job, bike project, video game addict and a forum moderator...... Doesn't leave me oodles of time :(

Re:

Ha! It crossed my mind but being a noob, still tricky working people out.
Mind you what he said could apply to me still :LOL:

Anyway, just found some real nice XT skewers on eBay, thought I'd better ask postage before buying as from Canada - skewers are $11, postage is............ $40 :eek:
Cheeky bastard :|

Re: Re:

therealjaxon":24kf6807 said:
Ha! It crossed my mind but being a noob, still tricky working people out.
Mind you what he said could apply to me still :LOL:

Anyway, just found some real nice XT skewers on eBay, thought I'd better ask postage before buying as from Canada - skewers are $11, postage is............ $40 :eek:
Cheeky bastard :|

Postage from the big EH! (it's a Canada thing) sux!
My sister lives there and there's not really any way to get stuff sent here cheap, other wise I would be having a field day :LOL:

Just a tip re: polishing......... you're using the wrong part of the mop. You hold the mop at 90 degrees to the thing you're polishing rather than using the edge of the mop like it looks like you're doing (judging by the clean edge / dirty edge on your mop)

Watch this guy on the youtube link - it's easier to see what I mean than try to explain it in text.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBAPWj3TYQo

therealjaxon":wexy5tyk said:
And more polishing :roll:...... Almost there now though :)

Also managed to get some black GT handlebars and NOS brake pads for the rear U brake :)

paddy311":36at7avq said:
Just a tip re: polish ing......... you're using the wrong part of the mop. You hold the mop at 90 degrees to the thing we you're polishing rather than using the edge of the mop like it looks like you're doing (judging by the clean edge / dirty edge on your mop)

Watch this guy on the youtube link - it's easier to see what I mean than try to explain it in text.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBAPWj3TYQo

therealjaxon":36at7avq said:
And more polishing :roll:...... Almost there now though :)

Also managed to get some black GT handlebars and NOS brake pads for the rear U brake :)

OK thanks :)
Oh and it looks like I'm polishing with the inside edge, but I'd just turned that round to use the other side is all (just in case people were starting to think I was a proper div ;))

I'll try that with some of the bigger ones as I did initially try polishing with the edge using the smaller heads but they didn't like it much and split apart :LOL:
Thankfully, there's not much of that drill polishing left, mostly hand stuff now.

Back