I've ridden a bicycle just 9 times in 2024. Nine....

legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Nine times

Nine

Even strava has given up on me

A change of job in 2022 meant the joys of a daily 80 mile commute. So by the time I got home, it was simply too late or it was raining

What should I do?

Well

There's an upcoming house move and I quit that job yesterday. This week I have to myself and the weather looks reasonable, then I start a new job back to being out in a van doing installs so home at a better time

But still, 9 times...!

1729963041654.jpeg

A quick bit of mental arithmetic and I reckon I've been on a bike about 250 days this year, although a lot of it is just short utility rides. But... I haven't been for a single ride on a retro bike for about six months! Just modern...😬 I don't really want to part with the retro bikes but a road bike, gravel bike and a 29-er covers all the bases for me. 🤷‍♂️

Getting away from an 80 mile commute must be a weight lifted even if just the fuel bill!
I know you weren't enjoying your job so well done for getting out and good luck in the new one, onwards and upwards. :)
The riding will return when you're ready.

9 is better than 8, which is better than 7 ;) once the soul has realigned you'll be back out my lovely

:)

Weather hasn't been the best this year so I've been out less for sure. At least you only have a low bar to beat for the next year! Good luck with the job btw.

Back