It is ... it isn't ... it is ... an Sbike!

Looking more like a grown-up's bike now:

With new seatpost.JPG

Which brands made skewers with designs like this?

Seatpost clamp.JPG

Planning ahead, I'll probably want wheel skewers to match.

Last edited:
Wow, cool! Another! Great colour too.

It seems to share some features with my frame, but also has differences - the braces and the dropouts.

I guess that is a large frame. Have you ever built it up and ridden it?

I'm still trying to decide options for mine, particularly wheels. It's getting ridden as it is and I really like it, but I would like to try it offroad.

Wow, cool! Another! Great colour too.

It seems to share some features with my frame, but also has differences - the braces and the dropouts.

I guess that is a large frame. Have you ever built it up and ridden it?

No, i don't know why I buy it, I suppose it was a little compulsive.
I planned to use a suntour XC Pro MD groupset I had lying around, but finally I sold it recently.
I'm still trying to decide options for mine, particularly wheels. It's getting ridden as it is and I really like it, but I would like to try it offroad.
I had some classic wheels for it, black mavic rims and silver spokes and hubs, nothing special.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I'm hoping to get this rebuilt soon, so I am planning for colours.

I am going to get some parts refinished in a (hopefully) complementary colour:
* cranks
* cantis
* brake lever bodies (levers will stay black)

However, there are parts I am not sure about, so opinio ns about what colour they should be would be appreciated:
* hubs - should these go the highlight colour if possible?
* bars - need repainting, but would be best to stay black, right, to match the seatpost?
* bar ends - really not sure whether these should be black to match the bars or the highlight colour to match the lever bodies
* seat clamp - should probably stay black - I thought about changing just the QR lever to the highlight colour, but maybe it depends whether I can find matching wheel skewers before I take the parts to the powdercoaters
* stem - this is the biggest dilemma, as it's the only part that is the original colour, which I really like. However, lighteer metallic blue doesn't fit with the darker, silver-flake blue. I'm not sure whether thr highlight colour would look right or whether it should go black to match the bars and post .... if I can bring myself to repaint it at all.

where you getting it painted, might have a frame to add and it may get a long standing project actually going again..

Back