Is this stitching original? Orange saddle P7

Joe*Pro

Senior Retro Guru
Is this saddle stitching around the logo original or a repair ? …either way I love it as a bit of heritage and if it is previous owners diy it’s epic! . but just wanted to know.

Hadn't noticed it before, just assumed it was a bit worn or that stitching was previously original orange highlights that had since faded.

tempted to shoe polish the black back up fresh which would also mean that stitching and top logo.

41137EB9-754F-40BD-B279-84E2A07BB86A.jpeg 77D5CAF3-E69A-4F15-9EE1-CD29C20AF2CA.jpeg image.jpg

Yep that’s all original. Workers commissioned to work on this have to work at a hell of a rate to earn tuppence, so they whack it under the industrial sewing machine to get the leather covered as quickly as possible, hence the random holes.

Yours would have a been a bit like this when new...

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Yep that’s all original. Workers commissioned to work on this have to work at a hell of a rate to earn tuppence, so they whack it under the industrial sewing machine to get the leather covered as quickly as possible, hence the random holes.

Yours would have a been a bit like this when new...

Thanks v much. You think likely black star orange writing.

and the whole writing section would have been threaded. So it’s warn off since.

I’ve no hope of restoring that I don’t think. Whilst don’t mind it as is.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back