Is this retro?

cybertrophic

Dirt Disciple
I current ride one of these:
XTC%20MAMMOTH.jpg

Although mine's got a carbon Easton Monkey Bar instead of the stock flat job. Cost me £1100 out of my first set of non-student wages, too! At points I have owned cars that were worth less...

I have to say that I've never ridden a full susser that has felt so like a hard-tail - I've ridden a few single pivot bikes that felt like they'd snapped in the middle and my best mate's Trek V bike is frankly awful...

So, at 9 years old, is this beauty now retro? :)

Part of me would love to stick a set of Pace RC36 EVO IIIs or a high-end Rock Shox fork on her, to match the SID Air shck on the back, but as a bike to hack around the single track on, she's light enough, has survived a few tosses and inspires confidence.

Since getting back on the MTB after a fair while off (commuting on my eBay-bargain Giant carbon road bike, etc), I have really enjoyed rediscovering the joys of riding the rough stuff with this lovely old girl - I can't ever see myself buying another full-sus bike unless something terrible happens, but I am certainly looking to put a rigid/hardtail retro steed together at some point soon!

Just thought I'd share the love :)[/img]

its a bicycle, you're riding it, thats ok in my book.

but, as punishment, buy something pre 1993 to atone for your sins

oh and 3 hail thumbshifters before bed.

Rev. LGF

Read the thread on my
98 Cannondale Sv700 , link in my sig below.
What a rukkus that caused, it started a whole new subsection! :LOL: :LOL:

Gc

legrandefromage":p1t8r02f said:
its a bicycle, you're riding it, thats ok in my book.

but, as punishment, buy something pre 1993 to atone for your sins

oh and 3 hail thumbshifters before bed.

Rev. LGF

I am more than happy to - I'd love the Swallow that MBUK used to review Campagnolo's Centaur groupset... or at a push a kona explosif in white, (with pace RC35 fork, just to be different), or a Pace RC100/RC200. I just need to persuade the wife that I need a rigid or hard-tail bike as well - she's after trivial things like furniture! ;)

So what is then? Apparently not over 10 yo. How about over 15 yo? Or say, 1995 or before? I'm curious :) .

6.5x55":3ia6v3pg said:
So what is then? Apparently not over 10 yo. How about over 15 yo? Or say, 1995 or before? I'm curious :) .

depends who you ask. i think pre 97 but others consider my 1999 spec fsr retro.

some people think pre disc brakes. some think pre v's.

retro is more of an attitude than anything else

Back