Is this a real Condor?

Oca

Retro Newbie
Hi,

I've picked up what looks like a Condor from around 1990 but I can't find any reference to it. I also can't find a serial number in the usual places (though I haven't stripped the brake to check for sure). I emailed Condor but haven't heard back yet so I was wondering if anyone recognises it - or can confirm, it's just something rebadged.

The images are at:

http://s823.photobucket.com/user/g00seUK/library/Condor

Including this one:

The group is Suntour Ole. And the wheels are Mavic MA2 on Miche (rear) and Sachs (front) hubs. The calipers are modern.

Thanks

condors that I have seen had a headbadge that had two rivets as the headbadge was raised not a simple decal & always stamped on the BB area.

be a good find if it is, they are a quality shop ££ . could you please tell me what the quill stem is, it could be the photo it looks really square :xmas-cool:

oonaff":27lmlvre said:
be a good find if it is, they are a quality shop ££ . could you please tell me what the quill stem is, it could be the photo it looks really square :xmas-cool:

It has a flattened, square off top - but I can't see a manufacturer on it. I'll be dismantling the bike soon so I'll let you know if there's a name hidden and if it's anything special.

Heard from Condor - it's a late 80s 531 Italia frame (not the 'Pro' version I guess).

its a good find ![ but thats only assuming you got it cheap] more people would have gone for ribble,joe weigh.geoff butler 531 to mention a few, because they were cheaper. condor have and will always be
a bit special,their off the shelf steel tourer[frame set] is about £1000 and so is george longstaff. :xmas-wink:

niiiiiiiiiice £ :p the white could easily be re sprayed. do you reckon the white cranks,levers.headset were sprayed white after or was that an 80/s fad ? i would lose that and polish .
its deffinately worthy of upgrades . really love that head tube badge !! :xmas-big-grin:[yes indeed
retro bike seems to be the place to read about fantastic bargains... hopefully my turn one day]

Back