Is this a real Condor?

I had a Condor built for me in 1980. Overall, the frame looks very similar, the lugwork and the brake cable braze ons all match. My frame has a head tube decal.

One thing that doesn't match is the bottom bracket. Where the chainstays meet the bottom bracket on your frame doesn't match the rest of the frame (or mine). Also, Monty used a simple straight tube as a reinforcement behind my bottom bracket; yours is more ornate, yet it doesn't look like an ornate frame overall.

Hope that helps!

Looks like it could be a Nigel Dean, re-badged for Condor. They did that BITD to offer a more affrdable alternative to a 'full Condor'.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
for £50 you can do what you want to it,safe you will never make a loss if hard times come about !
nigel dean is ok :xmas-cool: m m reynolds 525 ? on bay, not clued up on that one

Latest posts

Back