Is it acceptable to mix cable outer colours?

Is it acceptable to mix cable outer colours?

• Yes

Votes: 16 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 8 33.3%

• Total voters
I’m with the…. “If done correctly” crowd. Only have it on one of my bikes and it’s just a mix of black and gray. I’ve never been brave enough to try any fancy colours. Maybe I’m just boring 🥱

Jagwire Elite Link cable housings are alloy beads that go over a Teflon tube. They come in various anodized colors. You could actually makes some strobed cables with those. I did black and silver on my bike because it's black and silver. It makes it obvious that I don't have hydraulic disc brakes.
But they are kind of pricey.

Jagwire Elite Link cable housings are alloy beads that go over a Teflon tube. They come in various anodized colors. You could actually makes some strobed cables with those. I did black and silver on my bike because it's black and silver. It makes it obvious that I don't have hydraulic disc brakes.
But they are kind of pricey.
That's like trak pearls - once they get dirty, indexing is a little vague.

https://www.retrobike.co.uk/threads/orange-vitamin-t-still-in-use.475551/

Look cool though. Great on a show bike.

Weightwise?
Fractionally heavier than shimano xtr sis outer.

IDK anything a bout Trak Pearls. The JW stuff has a Teflon liner inside from end to end. I don't think dirt effects these MTB parts much Lighter weight was a claimed selling point for vee brake XC bikes back in the day. I've gone completely away from flex housing anywhere it isn't needed. Steel automotive brake line (with teflon running inside). Cable end ferrules fit this, or similar alloy tubing from an industrial supplier if weight matters much. But I'm still running Avid BB7s on my 1500W urban Ebike and I like to thumb my nose at those who think hydraulics are needed for this. The strobed cable housings make that point.

Back