IS disc mount advice

Sunny6672

Kona Fan
Hiya, I have got an interesting marzocchi z1 bam problem I am trying to solve, wondering if you might have any ideas?

Bought a Z1 the orange one c1990s to fit to a retro build, however the disc mount is definitely not IS compatible, my hope mono mini will not fit.

So I am looking everywhere for a conversion kit, have you got any thoughts on this, I have seen eBay listings for some 1998 Z1s stating IS compatible so mine must be an older mount than that, I am trying to fit a 160mm or 180mm hope mono mini disc.

Thanks in advance, last resort is to make one. Marzocchi do not sell one cheers Sunny

Re:

Your fork will be 96/97 the other option is to go with a hope c2 as they did a specific Caliper. Depends how retro you want to go I guess.

I’ve just pm’d b3 (thanks 66) for one just in case I decide to change my c2.

Hi.
The brake in question for this is the Hope C2 and the caliper has a specific model number that being No4.
Standard IS mount is 51mm but the mount on your fork, and the No4 C2 is 48mm.
Limited also to C2 and no other brake system.
If you go the C2 route then the No4 C2 on sport or pro levers is the one you need.

Cheers.

They do crop up on ebay, but i've not seen one for a while and maybe trying to get the adaptor is the way to go.
I would be surprised though if there werent a few on here. Maybe try an ask in wanted '97

dyna-ti":1hrdt4mq said:
Hi.
The brake in question for this is the Hope C2 and the caliper has a specific model number that being No4.
Standard IS mount is 51mm but the mount on your fork, and the No4 C2 is 48mm.
Limited also to C2 and no other brake system.
If you go the C2 route then the No4 C2 on sport or pro levers is the one you need.

Cheers.

They do crop up on ebay, but i've not seen one for a while and maybe trying to get the adaptor is the way to go.
I would be surprised though if there werent a few on here. Maybe try an ask in wanted '97

Cheers andy could not remember which one it was.

Latest posts

Back