Is a Giant Coldrock worth anything?

Rosss46

Dirt Disciple
Whilst shifting some old parts I came across my brothers old 1990 Giant Coldrock mountain bike, I did a little digging and found out it was top of the range in its day, quite rare and could potentially be worth something to a collector. With the frame and fork I found the original wheels, tyres, bars,stem and Shimano brakes/shifter levers. I'm not expecting it to be worth a lot but with a little TLC im sure it could be like new again and a bit of a retro classic. I've considering doing it myself but I'm into newer bikes now and I dont have the time. It looks the same as this only a size or two smaller -
http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/820440/

I'll update this thread with a few pictures if anyone is interested

Thanks

Hmm, I don't recall it as top of the range, and cannot recall the tubing etc.
Giants were (are!) good serviceable bikes but lacked much character or uniqueness (compare splatter paint Kona, Zolatone Marin etc). So I would imagine it's worth the sum of its parts less a bit. It would make a very tidy commuter or tourer, but valuable it ain't. Sorry. Nobody pays much for old Trek, Mongoose or Diamondback bikes either, collectors just aren't interested. The really unique Giants, the Cadex carbon fibre ones which were definitely ahead of thier time don't seem to get so much interest either.

Re:

Thanks for the reply, I thought that might be the case. It needs to go really as I need to get the bike count back down so I thought I'd offer it up on here just incase someone was on the look out for something similar.

It's a heck of a lot better than any new bike at the price! Say £100 if buffed up - and it looks a tidy example.

Thanks again for your reply, It's not perfect and there are a few small parts needed to finish it but I'd be happy with £100 for it. I'll clean it up today and list it in the classifieds.

Back