Irrational behaviour - by-product of retro-bike.co.uk?

sinnett177

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
Feedback
View
The other day I took a look at the 'auction watch' more as habit than in real need of anything. I'm a fan of alpinestars bikes and so check daily to see if any new parts, clothing etc are listed. To my surprise a 1992 cro-mega LX appeared and local to me also. With already having one that as my current project I thought lets be rational here I neither have the time, space or energy for another so I'll stick it on the ebay forum and let others take it on.

But it doesn't happen like that does it. Within a couple of days of seeing it everytime I view 'auction watch' it's calling 'come and get me', 'come and get me, I'm only local and cheap' and before you know it you've contacted the seller with a bid to stop the auction. 'He won't accept it I thought but at least I've tried', next thing he's accepted it and you've bought a bike that you really did'nt need, but I can't tell the wife that can I. Oh no 'I need this bike love, I can use it to commute if we ever move closer to my work'!

So there you have it I'm now an irrational retrobiker. I see some peoples signatures on here with 8, 9, 10 bikes in their collections, I don't want to end up in that situation, is this where it all begins, is there a cure?

Attachments

• 2008_0625ebay30010.JPG
    2008_0625ebay30010.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 2,106
  • 2008_0625ebay30006.JPG
    2008_0625ebay30006.JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 2,106
Run,..while you still can!

good luck

Bas (17 bikes and counting,.....)

PS want to sell the Alpinestar?

I saw that one and thought about it. Glad to see it went to a good home! If you manage to find more than one of those front mechs, let me know. I sorted a mate out with a CroMega which he has been using as a seven speed.

Iwasgoodonce":1x7t84zy said:
I saw that one and thought about it. Glad to see it went to a good home! If you manage to find more than one of those front mechs, let me know. I sorted a mate out with a CroMega which he has been using as a seven speed.

Will do, hen's teeth those mechs.

Defiant":3918f52m said:
PS want to sell the Alpinestar?

You have got it bad. Just show you a picture of a retro bike and you want to buy it, I'm off to rehab in the morning on this evidence.

Back