Interesting Gearing

kingoffootball

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
View attachment 859441

Forward for one gear, backwards for another:

Just because you can doesn't mean you should 🫠

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I've seen it before, there was a chap (can't remember his name) I met once on the IoW Randonnee. He was on a vintage Hirondelle, wearing a beret and Breton sweater and had onions strung from the bars. Apparently he even did Paris-Brest-Paris successfully on it, so chapeau to him.
It was odd seeing him climbing and pedalling backwards. I chatted to him and the only other oddity is that the rear wheel cannot rotate backwards.

View attachment 859441

Forward for one gear, backwards for another:

my head thinks "yer, thats clever that", my legs think "uff, fixed gear" as I can't see a freewheel on the back pedal.

Back