IMO

Simonside resident

MacRetro Rider
One of the reasons I subscribe to the forum on a website called retrobike.co.uk is to..... discuss/see pictures/talk about RETROBIKEs. Okay my 1996 Rockhopper isnt as retro as the bikes that some of you guys have restored lovingly but at least it`s age is into double figures.

(from dictionary.reference.com)
RETRO:eek:f or designating the style of an earlier time: retro clothes

Why oh why is there a thread on this forum (retrobike.co.uk) about a bike that is still in production? Maybe I am being snobby about the fact I dont own one, but frankly having seen a friend damage his ** *** in an incident the other day I can justify having paid twice the price for a stronger, less common frame.

rant over.

There's a modern bikes section because a lot of us own, ride and want to talk about modern bikes in addition to retro ones. Looks like you do too. Except the talking part that is. That's like saying there shouldn't be a General Chat forum because people chat about general things that aren't retro bikes in it.

Not this multi headed hydra again..... :roll:

Agree to a point.....I mean halfords bso gt from about 1 year ago should not have a place on here......(my opinion :oops: :LOL: )

But if you dont want to look at the modern stuff.....dont look at it ;) simples :LOL:

im not getting into this but even low end sold in Halfords GTs are not BSO's
and if a 2011 top end bike can be here so can a low end GT :p

Fair enough but mass produced taiwanese frames are boring :p gt or otherwise :roll:

modern=not retro mate :LOL: :LOL:

Why oh why is there a thread on this forum (retrobike.co.uk) about a bike that is still in production

without knowing which bike you are referring to, perhaps it might be 'designating the style of an earlier time'?

Just throwing that in there.

Anyway, as said above, that's what the 98--> section is for, if you don't like it, don't read it. It's handily signposted.

Personally I don't have a great deal of interest in the new stuff either, so i just don't visit that bit very often.

Now if you mean there's a new bike in the Retro MTB Chat or --->97 section then let a Mod know and we'll move it.

utter snobby bollox,
what offends you more?the fact that it's modern or the fact that it's common?
you say you're happy paying twice the price for a less common frame and you also list several modern bikes so could you clarify what your rant is aimed at

sausagefingers":12eo3yth said:
utter snobby bollox,
what offends you more?the fact that it's modern or the fact that it's common?
you say you're happy paying twice the price for a less common frame and you also list several modern bikes so could you clarify what your rant is aimed at

whos that aimed at then.....

Back