Imlach's Sweaty Hippie Funk Collection, adventure bikes, rusty rats, cruisers and other alt bastardisations of bicyclery

It is the Midnight Special and I feel the same. I may just build one, one day so I ticked the disc brake box..

Also a road geometry with space for a 27,5x2.35 is awesome
I've had 3 bikes with disc brakes, not for me. Shimano 105 hydraulic on a Crux, powerful, very noisy and reluctant to clear of mud, so much so I used to ride through puddles, Jo hated the awful noise they made. Not what you want on a crosser. Avid BB5 just sh*t, v brakes are better. Avid hydraulic ok.

For about 550 quid I could potentially realise making the Fat Check, where I get Marino bikes to make a replica geometry wise of the Cross Check but with room for 3.0s and both rim brake studs and disc support, with a slight adjustment to the head tube angle to give more clearance and lessen toe overlap, alongside a heavily raked fork.
550! You can't do it yourself for that.

Is there like a special place on earth that only @Guinessisgoodforyou has managed to find and uncover such dross?

I'm starting to think the UCI really have a good point looking at this.

Just what is going on with that saddle and seat-post; looks like a practical joke from Manfrotto and poor Ernesto got the brunt of it in his mad project.

col-jpg.724986

Is there like a special place on earth that only @Guinessisgoodforyou has managed to find and uncover such dross?

I'm starting to think the UCI really have a good point looking at this.

Just what is going on with that saddle and seat-post; looks like a practical joke from Manfrotto and poor Ernesto got the brunt of it in his mad project.

col-jpg.724986
It looks like a torture device, one round on it and you will renounce your protestant beliefs.

Back