Imlach's Sweaty Hippie Funk Collection, adventure bikes, rusty rats, cruisers and other alt bastardisations of bicyclery

The Cervelo, but with some typical NJS stuff for instance, would it be more bearable @Woz ?

After the fixie phase, in my local city out came all the beautiful unused randonneurs, touring bicycles and mixtes from the shed of dads and grandads for students to use (abuse) as city bikes. That hurt my biker heart. Each one I saw pass on the city streets I wanted to take from the hip student, hug and comfort for a while in my arms before taking it home. If only I had a bigger shed..

:) .... actually loving these discussions.

@grantoury et al. I think the Cervelo in it's original form is not pretty per say. It's just so uncompromising for it's intended task at such a high level of competition. For me, it's the kind of bike that only looks really good when a rider is on it, and there is a sensation of watching man and machine at work producing visible speed. I just can't see that bike being either useful or pretty in any guise other than that of speed.

Decent randonneurs and touring bikes converted to urban duties 🤔 Yeah, it's the same logic (it's just an old bike), and as alluded to, hopefully any conversions can be reversible and any abuse won't impact anyone wanting to restore it for it's intended task.

Back