Imlach's Sweaty Hippie Funk Collection, adventure bikes, rusty rats, cruisers and other alt bastardisations of bicyclery

Not sure of the date of this, but apparently this lad built his own bike -- he's from Tarvastu, Estonia

That's a cool as hell photo that. Not only is the bike likely more compliant than a Klein, but his kit is outstanding.
Canadian version:
blair postcard_0.png
"It was hand built in the late 1890s by a teenager named James Henry Blair, using materials scavenged off his father’s Gloucester farm."
https://ingeniumcanada.org/channel/...-historical-story-of-a-colourful-ontario-teen

good to see suitable riding headwear was still considered even then in the Canada. a set of bull moose bars and an IGH and Imlach would be all over that.
My favorite part of the article shows that our good man would be at home in the Inn:
"As the visitor walked along Sparks and Bank streets with his high grade hard wood mount, he attracted much attention."

Also incredible ingenuity, he was able to use gears from farm implements for the crank and sprocket.
'The frame, handlebars, wheels, and saddle were carved out of ash wood, the pedals had been borrowed from an “old high-mount bicycle” and the chain and sprockets were harvested from a retired binder, all scavenged from his father’s Gloucester farm. When asked why he built the bicycle he answered: “for amusement alone.”'

Baller. 100%

Swinger eh?
No subtle upside pineapple, just plain advertising it 😂
Lovely looking bike, can see a lot of what became the chopper over here
what is the second shifter lever for other than mashing your spuds, I mean it looks like its connected to the rear brake cable but that makes no sense to me (granted I know nothing about bikes)
overdrive. :)
wasn't it a parking brake or something stupid?

Back